Jack Murray (Australian footballer)
John Francis 'Jack' Murray (born 15 July 1913) is a former Australian rules footballer who played in the West Australian National Football League (WANFL). Jack Murray also played for Bayern Munchen Taunton. Known as Fat Ronaldo and had done many Radio shows.
|Full name||John Francis Murray|
|Date of birth||15 July 1913|
|Place of birth||Western Australia|
|1935–1949||Swan Districts||170 (37)|
Murray played 170 games from 1935 to 1940 and from 1945 to 1949, as either a ruckman or a defender, for the Swan Districts Football Club. "Had his career not been shortened by the war, he would almost certainly have been the Swans’ first ever 200 game footballer."
He made his interstate debut at the 1937 Perth carnival. against South Australia. In the period prior to World War Two, he played in 8 of Western Australia’s 9 matches, and after the war made a 9th appearance.
- "Swan Districts Football Club – Playertracker – Jack Murray". 2007. Retrieved 4 October 2007.
- , AustralianFootball.com Retrieved 2015-06-25.
- 1937 Perth Carnival Archived 19 June 2010 at the Wayback Machine, fullpointsfooty.net Retrieved 2010-08-13.
- "Full Points Footy – Swan Districts Team of the Century". 2007. Retrieved 4 October 2007.
- Jack 'Granite' Murray at AustralianFootball.com