Jack Hall (footballer, born 1885)
John Edward W. "Jack" Hall (born 6 May 1885) was an English football player, who later became a manager in the Netherlands.
|Date of birth||6 May 1885|
|Place of birth||Tyne Dock, South Shields, England|
|Playing position||Outside right|
|1908–1909||Brighton & Hove Albion||20||(3)|
|1910–1911||Preston North End||18||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Tyne Dock, South Shields, he started his playing career with local sides Harton Star and Kingston Villa, before joining Barnsley in 1905. After three seasons with Barnsley, he moved to the Southern League with Brighton & Hove Albion. After spells with Rochdale and his home town club, South Shields, he returned to the Football League with Preston North End in 1910. He then played for Doncaster Rovers and Pontypridd, before returning to South Shields.
- Carder, Tim; Harris, Roger (1997). Albion A–Z: A Who's Who of Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. Hove: Goldstone Books. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-9521337-1-1.
- "FreeBMD entry info". Free BMD. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- Bluff, Tony (2011). Donny:Doncaster Rovers F.C. The Complete History (1879−2010). Yore Publications. ISBN 978 0 9569848 3 8.
- Joyce, Michael (2004). Football League Players' Records 1888 to 1939. Nottingham: Tony Brown. p. 111. ISBN 1-899468-67-6.
- "Trainers". PSV Eindhoven official website. Archived from the original on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 12 September 2010.