JR Freight Class EF210
JR Freight EF210 electric locomotive EF210-134 in June 2009
The locomotives are built at the Kawasaki Heavy Industries factory in Kobe. Based at Okayama, Shin-Tsurumi, and Suita (Osaka) depots, they are primarily used on freight on the Tokaido Main Line and Sanyo Main Line, replacing Class EF66 locomotives.
- Class EF210-901, prototype
- Class EF210-0, full-production version
- Class EF210-100
- Class EF210-300, banking locomotives
The pre-production prototype, EF210-901, was delivered to Shin-Tsurumi depot in 1996.
EF210-0 full-production version
Following evaluation of the prototype version, the first full-production locomotive, EF210-1, was delivered to Okayama in July 1998. A number of minor improvements were incorporated, with the main external differences from the prototype being as follows.
- Traction motors changed from FMT3 (565 kW) to FMT4 type (565 kW)
- "ECO-POWER Momo Taro" logo on bodyside
- Reduced bogie size from 2,600 mm to 2,500 mm.
The EF210-300 subclass was introduced from March 2013 to replace the dedicated Class EF67 banking locomotives that assist freight trains on the steeply-graded "Senohachi" section of the Sanyō Main Line between Seno and Hachihonmatsu. The first locomotive, EF210-301, was delivered from Kawasaki Heavy Industries in Hyogo on 3 September 2012. It entered service from the start opf the revised timetable on 16 March 2013. The second locomotive entered service from 28 April 2013.
|EF210-301||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||September 2012|
|EF210-302||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||April 2013|
|EF210-303||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||2013|
|EF210-304||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||July 2015|
|EF210-305||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||August 2015|
|EF210-306||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||September 2015|
|EF210-307||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||September 2015|
|EF210-308||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||October 2015|
|EF210-309||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||October 2015|
|EF210-310||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||August 2017|
|EF210-311||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||August 2017|
|EF210-312||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||December 2018|
|EF210-313||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||January 2019|
|EF210-314||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||January 2019|
|EF210-315||Kawasaki Heavy Industries||February 2019|
The EF210 classification for this locomotive type is explained below. As with previous locomotive designs, the prototype is numbered EF210-901, with subsequent production locomotives numbered from EF210-1 onward.
- E: Electric locomotive
- F: Six driving axles
- 210: DC locomotive with AC motors
- JR全車輌ハンドブック2006 [JR Rolling Stock Handbook 2006]. Japan: Neko Publishing. 2006. ISBN 978-4-7770-0453-9.
- Shibata, Togo (August 2016). 最新JR貨物の電気機関車と話題の貨物列車 [Latest: JR Freight electric locomotives and popular freight trains]. Tetsudo Daiya Joho Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 45 no. 388. Japan: Kotsu Shimbun. p. 33.
- "JR貨物 EF210形300番代とEH800形900番代を新作" [JR Freight to build new EF210-300 and EH800-900]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine. Vol. 41 no. 341. Japan: Kotsu Shimbun. September 2012. p. 70.
- "EF210-301が川崎重工から出場" [EF210-301 delivered from Kawasaki Heavy Industries]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- 平成25(2013)年3月16日ＪＲグループダイヤ改正 [16 March 2013 JR Group timetable revision]. Japan Railfan Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 53 no. 626. Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. June 2013. p. 71.
- "EF210-302，早くも営業運転開始" [EF210-302 quickly into revenue service]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 1 May 2013. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- EF210-304が川崎重工から出場 [EF210-304 delivered from Kawasaki Heavy Industries]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 28 July 2015. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- EF210-305が川崎重工から出場 [EF210-305 delivered from Kawasaki Heavy Industries]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 19 August 2015. Retrieved 19 August 2015.
- EF210-306が出場 [EF210-306 delivered]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 2 September 2015. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- 甲種鉄道車両輸送計画表 [Rolling stock delivery schedule]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 44 no. 378. Japan: Kotsu Shimbun. October 2015. p. 125.
- EF210-310が営業運転を開始 [EF210-310 enters revenue service]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 26 August 2017. Archived from the original on 28 August 2017. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- EF210-311 運用開始 [EF210-311 enters revenue service]. Tetsudo Hobidas (in Japanese). Japan: Neko Publishing Co., Ltd. 28 August 2017. Archived from the original on 28 August 2017. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- 貨物ちゃんねる EF210配置表 [freight channel EF210 arrange table].
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to JR Freight EF210.|
- JR Freight website (in Japanese)