JNR Class C58
The Class C58 is a 2-6-2 wheel arrangement steam locomotive type built by the Japanese Government Railways (JGR) and Japanese National Railways (JNR) from 1938 to 1947. A total of 427 Class C58 locomotives were built. Two members of the class are preserved in working order.
C58 363 operated by the Chichibu Railway
- C58 239: Built June 1940, withdrawn 22 May 1972, preserved from 1 May 1973 in a park in Morioka, Iwate. Restored to working order by JR East and used on steam excursions as the SL Ginga Joyful Train in the north east of Japan from 12 April 2014.
- C58 363: Chichibu Railway, used on Paleo Express steam services
- C58 1: At the Umekoji Steam Locomotive Museum in Kyoto
- C58 5: At "Tochinoki Family Land" in Utsunomiya, Tochigi
- C58 12: In a park in Takamatsu, Kagawa
- C58 16: In a park in Minamisanriku, Miyagi (overturned by 11 March 2011 tsunami)
- C58 19: In a park in Ōsaki, Miyagi
- C58 33: In a park in Kiyosato, Hokkaido
- C58 36: At the municipal library in Mine, Yamaguchi
- C58 48: Torokko Saga Station "19th Century Hall" in Kyoto
- C58 49: In a park in Kakegawa, Shizuoka
- C58 51: In a park in Matsusaka, Mie
- C58 56: At "Poppo Land No. 2" in Fukuchiyama, Kyoto
- C58 66: In "Park Goryo" in Osaka
- C58 82: At a sports centre in Bihoro, Hokkaido
- C58 98: In a park in Fukagawa, Hokkaido
- C58 103: At a culture centre in Ichinoseki, Iwate
- C58 106: In a park in Kushiro, Hokkaido
- C58 112: In a park in Shibushi, Kagoshima
- C58 113: In Maizuru, Kyoto
- C58 114: In a park in Ōsaki, Miyagi
- C58 119: In "SL Park" in Kitami, Hokkaido
- C58 139: In a park in Yūbetsu, Hokkaidō
- C58 170: At the Hidaka Elementary School in Toyooka, Hyogo
- C58 171: In a park in Obama, Fukui
- C58 212: In a park in Tsuruga, Fukui
- C58 215: At Bange Elementary School in Aizubange, Fukushima
- C58 217: In a park in Asahi, Chiba
- C58 228: In a park in Ishinomaki, Miyagi
- C58 231: In a park in Kaminoyama, Yamagata
- C58 244: At the development centre in Tadami, Fukushima
- C58 275: In a park in Kasama, Ibaraki
- C58 277: In a park in Kobayashi, Miyazaki
- C58 280: At an elementary school in Minokamo, Gifu
- C58 295: In a park in Sakaide, Kagawa
- C58 304: In a park in Shinjo, Yamagata
- C58 322: In Mishima, Shizuoka
- C58 333: At JR Shikoku Tadotsu Works in Tadotsu, Kagawa
- C58 335: In Kōchi, Kōchi
- C58 342: In a park in Kitakami, Iwate
- C58 353: In a park in Nachikatsuura, Wakayama
- C58 354: In a park in Rifu, Miyagi
- C58 356: In front of Nakayamadaira-Onsen Station in Ōsaki, Miyagi
- C58 359: In Kameyama Park in Kameyama, Mie
- C58 365: At the Shinkansen General Rolling Stock Centre in Rifu, Miyagi
- C58 389: In front of Tenryū-Futamata Station in Hamamatsu, Shizuoka
- Inoue, Kōichi (1999). 国鉄機関車辞典 [JNR Locomotive Encyclopedia]. Japan: Sankaido. pp. 42–43. ISBN 4-381-10338-6.
- Sasada, Masahiro (September 2012). 国鉄&JR保存車大全 [JNR & JR Preserved Rolling Stock Complete Guide]. Tokyo, Japan: Ikaros Publications Ltd. p. 133. ISBN 978-4863206175.
- 東北でＳＬが復活します！～ＳＬ銀河鉄道（仮称）～ [Steam to return to the Northeast!] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 12 October 2012. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- 東北で復活するＳＬによる新しい列車「ＳＬ銀河」 [New "SL Ginga" train using erstored steam locomotive in Tohoku] (PDF). News release (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 6 November 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- ""SL銀河"が営業運転を開始" ["SL Ginga" enters revenue service]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 14 April 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to C58 steam locomotives.|
- Chichibu Railway Paleo Express (in Japanese)