Ivry-sur-le-Lac is a village and municipality in the Laurentides region of Quebec, Canada, part of the Les Laurentides Regional County Municipality. The municipality completely encompasses Lake Manitou which is a popular cottage vacation location.
Location within Les Laurentides RCM
Location in central Quebec
|Coordinates: 46°04′N 74°21′W|
|Constituted||January 1, 2006|
|• Mayor||Daniel Charette|
|• Federal riding||Laurentides—Labelle|
|• Prov. riding||Bertrand|
|• Total||34.70 km2 (13.40 sq mi)|
|• Land||30.64 km2 (11.83 sq mi)|
|• Density||13.9/km2 (36/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
From 1852 onwards, settlers came to the shores of Lake Manitou because of its beauty. In 1891, Countess Angela Ogier d'Ivry, from Le Mans (France), bought a farm for her son Viscount Raoul Ogier d'Ivry, who chose the name of the new municipality which formed in 1912 by separating from the parishes of Sainte-Agathe and Saint-Faustin. The post office opened in 1903, designated as Lac-Manitou until 1913 and as Ivry-Nord until 1958.
On February 27, 2002, Ivry-sur-le-Lac was amalgamated with Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts in province-wide municipal reorganizations, but it was reinstated as a municipality on January 1, 2006.
- Population in 2011: 425 (2006 to 2011 population change: 7.1%)
- Population in 2006: 397
- Population in 2001: 401
- Population in 1996: 346
- Population in 1991: 311
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents: 185 (total dwellings: 413)
- English as first language: 37.5%
- French as first language: 60%
- Other as first language: 2.5%
- Reference number 388480 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (in French)
- Geographic code 78042 in the official Répertoire des municipalités (in French)
- "(Code 2478042) Census Profile". 2011 census. Statistics Canada. 2012.
- "Lac-Manitou-Sud" (in French). Commission de toponymie du Québec. Retrieved 2009-03-27.
- "Ivry-sur-le-Lac (Municipalité)" (in French). Commission de toponymie du Québec. Retrieved 2009-03-27.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census
- "About Us." Saint Agathe Academy. Retrieved on September 4, 2017. See Elementary zone map and Secondary zone map - Note that all areas covered in the elementary map are also covered in the secondary one.
Media related to Ivry-sur-le-Lac at Wikimedia Commons