Ivanovo State University
Ivanovo State University (Russian: Ива́новский госуда́рственный университе́т) or IvSU (Russian: ИвГУ) is in Ivanovo, about 300 km east of Moscow, Russia. The University was founded in 1918; before 1974 was called Ivanovo State Pedagogical Institute.
Ивановский государственный университет
|Motto||Pro patriae beneficio (Latin)|
IvSU has accreditation and license from the Russian Ministry of Education. It is a member of Euroasian association of universities and Russian Association of Classical Universities, co-operates with educational institutions of Germany (Passau University and the Berlin Technical University), Sweden (University of Uppsala), Denmark (Aarhus University, Institute of Business and Technology in Herning) and China (Xiangtan University) among many others. The training of international students has started in 60's with the programs for the students from socialist countries. In 1982 the separated Department of Russian as a Foreign Language was created in order to prepare international students to study in Russia. It was the first university in the region offering degrees unusual in the Soviet system: economics (1976), law (1962), sociology (1999) and applied programming.
IvSU has different types of programs from traditional five years specialist degree to four years bachelor's degree and two years master's degree following the modernization of Russian education system and Bologna Process. Also, the university has 10 specialized councils that grant the degree of Kandidat Nauk as well as postgraduate degree of Doktor Nauk in the fields of history, technical science, linguistics, philosophy and economics.