It Could Happen to You (1937 film)
It Could Happen to You is a 1937 American drama film directed by Phil Rosen and written by Samuel Ornitz and Nathanael West. The film stars Alan Baxter, Andrea Leeds, Owen Davis Jr., Astrid Allwyn, Walter Kingsford and Al Shean. The film was released on June 28, 1937, by Republic Pictures.
|It Could Happen to You|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Phil Rosen|
|Produced by||Leonard Fields|
|Screenplay by||Samuel Ornitz|
|Story by||Nathanael West|
Owen Davis Jr.
|Music by||Alberto Colombo|
|Cinematography||Jack A. Marta|
|Edited by||Ernest J. Nims|
|Distributed by||Republic Pictures|
- Alan Baxter as Bob Ames
- Andrea Leeds as Laura Compton
- Owen Davis Jr. as Fred Barrett
- Astrid Allwyn as Angela
- Walter Kingsford as Prof. Schwab
- Al Shean as Max 'Pa' Barrett
- Christian Rub as Clavish
- Elsa Janssen as Mrs. Clavish
- Edward Colebrook as Pogano
- Stanley King as Detective
- Nina Campana as Italian Woman
- Frank Yaconelli as Greek
- John Hamilton as Judge
- Paul Stanton as District Attorney
- Bob Murphy as Moriarity
- Cy Kendall as Detective
- Robert Andersen as Swede
- Bert Sprotte as German
- Sada Simmons as Swedish Woman
- Hans Joby as Small German
- "It Could Happen to You (1937) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- Hal Erickson. "It Could Happen to You (1937) - Phil Rosen, Alfred L. Werker". AllMovie. Retrieved 2018-08-07.
- "It Could Happen to You". Afi.com. Retrieved 2015-10-29.