Isileli Nakajima Vakauta (born 9 July 1989) is a Tongan-born Japanese rugby union player who generally plays as a prop represents Japan internationally and plays for Kobelco Steelers in the Japanese Top League.
Isileli Nakajima in action during the Pool A match of the 2019 Rugby World Cup between Japan and Russia
|Full name||Isileli Nakajima Vakauta|
|Date of birth||9 July 1989|
|Place of birth||Vaiola, Tonga|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||120 kg (18 st 13 lb; 265 lb)|
|University||Ryutsu Keizai University|
|Rugby union career|
Isileli Nakajima made his international debut for Japan against New Zealand on 3 November 2018. He was included in the Japanese squad for the 2019 Rugby World Cup which is currently held in Japan for the first time and for the first time in Asia.
Nakajima was a teenager when he moved to Japan after he was scouted by a Japanese university coach. Nakajima chose to take his wife's surname partly in defiance of the patriarchal norms of his home country but also out of respect and love for his wife and his adopted home.
- "Isileli Nakajima". ESPN scrum. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- "Rugby - Player statistics - club stats". www.itsrugby.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- "Isileli Nakajima". www.ultimaterugby.com. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- "Japan v New Zealand". ESPN scrum. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- "Japan Training Squad for Rugby World Cup 2019". rugby-japan.jp. Japan Rugby Football Union. 15 August 2019. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- "Thompson set for fourth Rugby World Cup". rugbyworldcup.com. Rugby World Cup. 29 August 2019. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- "Hosts Japan Name Rugby World Cup Squad". www.ultimaterugby.com. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- "Isileli Nakajima – the Tongan powerhouse in Japan's Rugby World Cup team". Tagata Pasifika. Retrieved 13 October 2019.