Ishq Subhan Allah
Ishq Subhan Allah (English: This Love, Oh God) is an Indian television series, which airs on Zee TV. The show is produced by Zuby Kochchar and Dheeraj Kumar .It stars Adnan Khan Eisha Singh , and Tunisha Sharma . The Show is set against a Muslim backdrop and addresses contemporary political, religious, and social issues such as triple talaq and Sharia laws.
|Ishq Subhan Allah|
|Created by||Danish Javed|
|Developed by||Danish Javed|
|Story by||Danish Javed|
|Directed by||Vikram Ghai |
Rohit Raj Goyal
|Creative director(s)||Aashish Harbhagwan Batra|
|Theme music composer||Mukul Puri|
|Opening theme||"Ishq Subhan Allah"|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||469|
|Running time||20-22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Creative Eye Limited |
Essel Vision Productions
|Distributor||Zee Entertainment Enterprises|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||14 March 2018 –|
Ishq Subhan Allah is a Hindi drama television series starring Eisha Singh and Adnan Khan. Kabeer and Zara are both devout followers of Islam but interpret the Quran differently. Kabeer abides by the traditional code of conduct and Zara applies the teachings of Allah in a practical way. Kabeer and Zara take us on a journey of their world where they are grappling with issues like Triple Talaq.
Ishq Subhan Allah starts with Zara Siddiqui and Kabir Ahmed returning to Lucknow after 5 years, after completing higher studies in Islam. When an argument about Triple Talaq, between Zara and Kabir, becomes viral on the internet, they are forced to marry each other.
Gradually, Zara starts to fall in love with Kabir, while Kabir is still hesitant. Kabir's sister-in-law's sister, Rukhsaar, has been in love with Kabir from a young age, and tries to split them up.
She brings in a man named Miraj, to help create differences between Zara and Kabir but Miraj goes rogue and is out to harm everyone in the family. Rukhsaar arranges for a woman named Nilofer to pose as Miraj's sister and instructs her to protect the family from Miraj except for Zara. Rukhsaar is then married off to Hamdaan and leaves for Dubai. Miraj buys out Nilofer but eventually kills her.
A misunderstanding leads to Kabir divorcing Zara using the Triple Talaq practice. It turns out that this was not a part of their nuptials and Zara refuses to accept the divorce. Miraj then reveals to Zara that he wants her and can go to any extent. Zara tries to have Rukhsaar return to expose Miraj's true intentions but is unable to reach her.
Miraj makes his way into the local Shariah Board but when he is revealed to be a diamond smuggler who was laundering money, he is arrested and Kabir's dream project loses its funding. His connection to Rukhsaar is also revealed and he swears revenge on Zara and Kabir.
After many hardships, Kabir and Zara confess their love for each other and the family decide to get them married again. Two days before the ceremony, Kabir leaves for Dubai to save Rukhsaar from being implicated in her husband's death but ends up marrying her. He returns and is married to Zara. When Zara finds out, she is heartbroken but decides to stay with Kabir.
Rukhsaar meets with an accident and loses her memory. Kabir takes her responsibility further upsetting Zara. Wanting Kabir to earn independently, Zara moves to the outhouse. She and Rukhsaar gradually become friends. Kabir's aunt, Tabassum, visits with her son Azhar who appreciates Zara's modern thinking.
Kabir's father, Shahbaaz, is in debt and decides to sell the house but is swindled by his own son, Kashan, who takes ownership of the house. Kabir finally realises his father's faults and sees Zara's well-intended suggestion to him to earn independently. Rukhsaar is sent to a hospital for treatment and her sister Zeenat teams up with her husband Kashan to have Kabir's sister Alina marry Samir, the son of local don Salamat. Zara and Kabir thwart their plan with help from army officer Amir. Amir and Alina fall in love and after Zara is able to convince Kabir, they are married. Salamat tries to have Zara and Kabir killed in an accident but fails.
Kabir becomes the head priest. Zeenat is irked and Salamat threatens to kill Rukhsaar. Zara's father and former head, Irfan, suggests Zara become the vice priest but Kabir. Heer's case is brought before the Sharia Board where Heer wants to go to Delhi to study but her father is reluctant. Zara takes the case against Kabir and wins.
Zara's aunt Suraiya moves to Lucknow with her son Rizwan. Zeenat and Suraiya plan to have Rizwan replace Kabir as the head of the Board. Salamat bribes Khalid on Zeenat's request. Rizwan exposes Zeenat's actions as soon as he joins the Board and has her declared mentally unsound. Zeenat vows revenge on him. Rizwan starts poisoning his uncle Irfan slowly.
Bilal and Kausar's case comes to the Board. Rizwan plans to create a rift between Zara and Kabir. Kabir tells Zara that Kausar was betrothed to Kashan but she eloped on the day of wedding. Instead, Zeenat married Kashan as she was indebted to Kausar's family. Everyone in the family requests Zara not to take the case but she and Kabir decide otherwise. The entire city protests against them and finally Kabir too turns against Zara. As Zara is about to drop the case, Kausar's suicide attempt changes her mind and she has to leave the Ahmad house. Shahbhaz plans Zara's murder. In the Sharia Board Zara wins the case. On the same day, Kabir is in an accident orchestrated by Rizwan and Zara is shot by a hitman hired by Shahbaz. Zara and Kabir collapse together.
One year later
Zara and Kabir are living separately. Zara lives with her aunt Amina and cousins Azra and Nusu in Mumbai and Kabir lives with his family in Lucknow. Zara and Kabir have applied for a divorce wanting to free each other.
Kabir finds Zara's hospital reports and is shocked to discover that Zara was in a coma after being shot. Alina tries to bring them together but they see through her plan. Zara discovers that Kabir has become a writer after publishing a book about their relationship. Zara moves to Lucknow with Azra. Kabir and Zara finally decide to give their relationship another chance angering Zeenat and Shahbaz. Shahbaz again tries to have Zara killed but Kabir saves her every time. The Ahmad family rejoices at the prospect of Kabir and Zara reuniting but Kabir insults Zara's father Irfan and asks the Qazi to beg to him(Kabir) to take Zara back. An upset Zara breaks up with Kabir. Irfan has a heart attack. Kabir's mother, Ayesha, is heartbroken and asks him to leave the house. Kabir starts living in the mosque.
One month later
Zara learns about Ayesha's illness from Kashan and decides to go back to Kabir's house only for Ayesha's sake. Zara decides to reunite Ayesha and Kabir on Eid. Shahbaz and Zeenat are worried that Zara and Kabir might get back together so Shahbhaz constantly provokes Kabir against Zara. According to the Sharia Board, all the board members should attend the Eid celebrations with their entire family. Shahbhaz tries to foil the plan but Zara, who is the event organizer manages the situation. Rukhsar returns, but the family is unaware of it. Finally, Zara and Azra succeed in reuniting Kabir and Ayesha with Rukhsaar's help. Rukhsar vows to reunite Zara and Kabir.
- Eisha Singh as Zara Siddiqui (2018-2019)
- Amit Kumar Poddar as Turram Khan (2019-present)
- Shipsy Rana as Rukhsar Sheikh(2018-present)
- Vinay Jain/Anupam Bhattacharya as Shahbhaz Ali Ahmad, Kashan, Kabeer and Alina's father(2018-2019)\(2019-present)
- Gunn Kansara as Ayesha Ahmad, Kashan, Kabir and Alina's mother ( Died)(2018-2019)
- Dhiraj Rai as Kashan Ahmad, Kabir's brother, Zeenat's husband(2018-present)
- Monica Khanna as Zeenat Ahmed, Kabir's sister-in-law, Kashan's wife, Rukhsar's elder sister(2018-present)
- Toshi Shaikh as Amaan Ahmad, Kabir's nephew, Zeenat and Kashan's son (2018-2019)
- Anjita Poonia as Alina, Kabir's sister, Amir's wife (2018-2019)
- Amit Dolawat as Amir Nabi, Alina's husband, Kabir and Zara's helper, Former Army Officer(2019)
- Suneel Pushkarna as Qazi Irfan Siddiqui, Zara's father(2018-present)
- Shalini Arora as Salma Siddiqui, Zara's mother(2018-present)
- Kanika Gautam as Azhra, Zara's cousin(2019-present)
- Kinshuk Vaidya as Zain Abdullah (2019)
- Ali Raza Naamdaar as Wali Khan
- Unknown as Amina Bi
- Aashutosh Semwal as Imraan, Kabir's best friend
- Rutpanna Aishwarya as Reema, Zara's best friend, Imran's love interest(2018-2019)
- Piyush Sahdev as Siraaj Ahmad, Underworld Don of Kashmir(2018)
- Gautam Vig as Miraaj Ahmed/Miraaj Ali, Siraaj's brother(2018-2019)
- Nisha Nagpal as Nilofer Ali, Miraaj's fake sister, Rukhsar's friend(2018)
- Aliraza Namdar as Priest Imam Hashim Mian (2019)
- Deepali Saini as Kausar, Bilal's wife, the one whom Zara helped (2019)
- Salman Shaikh as Bilal Hasan, Kausar's Husband(2019)
- Ankit Vyas as Rizwan, Zara's cousin (2019)
- Shefali Rana as Tabassum, Kabir's aunt (2019)
- Worshipp Khanna as Chef Deven(2019)
Ishq Subhan Allah in its debut week was ranked in the top ten shows of India in its opening week. The show opened with 8460 impressions (‘000s) in HSM and 5346 impressions (‘000s) in Urban markets which means more than 5.3 million viewers watched this show in its first week.. This milestone opening gives the show the leadership position in the 10pm slot and the pedestal of being the second highest opening weekday fiction show of the financial year amongst pay Hindi GECs. In week 15 (2018), the show entered in top 5 and maintained third position with 5113 million impressions ('000s) in the urban sector. In week 16 (2018), the show becomes second most watched show in india with second position. The show again maintained its second position in week 17 (2018) with 6449 million impressions ('000s).
Commenting on the ratings, Deepak Rajadhyaksha, Deputy Business Head, Zee TV said,
In keeping with our brand philosophy Aaj likhenge Kal, it is our constant endeavor to present viewers with progressive stories that are not only entertaining but also provoke them into thinking differently, get inspired, take charge of their destiny and work towards an extraordinary future. With Ishq Subhan Allah, we bring audiences the love story of a Muslim couple where the man and woman beg to differ on matters of interpreting and applying religion to their daily lives. We have dwelled into the issue of Triple Talaaq which was never spoken about in a prime-time fiction show. The response that the show has received in its opening week stands testimony to the universal applause and the warm welcome given to the show by Indian audiences.
Awards and nominations
|2018||Gold Awards||Path Breaking Show||Dheeraj Kumar|
|2018||Zee Rishtey Awards||Best Show||Dheeraj Kumar|
|2018||Zee Rishtey Awards||Favourite Buzurg||Suneel Pushkarna|
|2018||Zee Rishtey Awards||Favourite Nayi Jodi||Adnan Khan and Eisha Singh|
|2018||Zee Rishtey Awards||Best Social Swagger||Eisha Singh|
|2018||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Story||Danish Javed|
|2018||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress in Negative Role||Shipsy Rana|
|2019||Indian Telly Awards||Fresh New Face||Adnan Khan|
- "Kundali Bhagya, Ishq Subhan Allah, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai – Here are the Top 10 shows of the week as per the BARC report". Bollywood Life. 28 April 2018.
- "Most watched Indian television shows: Ishq Subhan Allah soars up the BARC list". Indian Express Limited. 29 April 2018.
- "Producer Dheeraj Kumar Writes: 'Acceptance' of people has given a huge start to Ishq Subhan Allah". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Zara Ahmad Of Ishq Subhan Allah Is The Role Model Everyone Should Look Up To". zeetv.zee5.com. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "'Ishq Subhan Allah' stars Eisha Singh and Adnan Khan making the most of thei Kashmir shoot". DNA India. 16 April 2018.
- "Ishq Subhan Allah beats Bepannaah, here's why the show on triple talaq is making waves". India Today. 20 April 2018.
- "'Ishq Subhan Allah' addresses Triple Talaq?". Times of India. 13 March 2018.
- "Triple Talaq And Other Types Of Divorce Under Muslim Law Explained". zeetv.zee5.com. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- Team, Author: Editorial (23 July 2019). "Aashutosh Semwal returns to Zee TV's Ishq Subhan Allah". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- "Piyush Sahdev is back on television with 'Ishq Subhan Allah'". The Times of India. 29 April 2018.
- "Ishq Subhan Allah makes a smashing debut among top ten TV shows". India Today. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- "Kundali Bhagya Tops Once Again, Ishq Subhan Allah Joins The Top 3 In BARC's 16th Week Report". koimoi.com. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- "Zee TV bets big on 'Ishq Subhan Allah'". Adgully.com. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- Baddhan, Raj (22 March 2018). "India Ratings: 'Ishq Subhan Allah' gets off to a flying start". BizAsia. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "Zee TV Praises Creative Eye's Ltd.'s Serial 'Ishq Subhan Allah'". India West. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "Zee TV's 'Ishq Subhan Allah' year's second highest weekday fiction launch across GECs". Indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 23 March 2018.