|Municipality of Isabel|
Philippine Associated Smelting and Refining Corp.
Map of Leyte with Isabel highlighted
|Coordinates: 10°56′N 124°26′E|
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|District||4th district of Leyte|
|Founded||15 January 1948|
|Barangay||24 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Saturnino M. Medina Jr.|
|• Vice Mayor||Godfrey T. Alcantara|
|• Congressman||Lucy Torres-Gomez|
|• Electorate||34,568 voters (2019)|
|• Total||64.01 km2 (24.71 sq mi)|
|• Density||730/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
|• Income class||1st municipal income class|
|• Poverty incidence||23.44% (2015)|
|• Revenue (₱)||148,389,294.69 (2016)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)53|
|Climate type||tropical rainforest climate|
It is bounded to the east by the municipality of Merida and to the north by the municipality of Palompon. Nearest landfall south is Ponson Island (Camotes) at about 7.2 kilometres (4.5 mi; 3.9 nmi). Nearest landfall west is coastal Tabogon, Cebu at about 50 kilometres (31 mi; 27 nmi).
Isabel comprises 24 barangays.
The town was formally established and created by carving out the villages of Quiot, Santa Cruz, Libertad, Matlang, Tolingon, Bantigue, Apale and Honan from the town of Merida, by the passage of Republic Act No. 191.
|Population census of Isabel|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Leyte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "PSA releases the 2015 Municipal and City Level Poverty Estimates". Quezon City, Philippines. Retrieved 12 October 2019.
- . www.mapsguidesandmore.com Isabel Leyte http://www.mapsguidesandmore.com/Philippines-Eastern_Visayas%7Ctitle= Isabel Leyte Check
|url=value (help). Retrieved January 14, 2019. Missing or empty
- Republic Act No. 191 (22 June 1947), AN ACT CREATING THE MUNICIPALITY OF ISABEL, PROVINCE OF LEYTE
- Presidential Proclamation No. 49 (8 January 1948), FIXING THE DATE FOR THE INAUGURATION OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF ISABELA, PROVINCE OF LEYTE (PDF)
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Leyte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.