Into Film is a British educational charity that runs film-based programmes for children aged five to nineteen. Founded in 2013, following the merging of two separate charities, FILMCLUB and First Light, the charity focuses upon the use of film as learning device.
|Paul Reeve (CEO)|
Into Film's current ambassadors include British actor Eddie Redmayne, director and actor Kenneth Branagh, who occupies the role of Northern Irish ambassador, Michael Sheen, its Welsh ambassador and Naomie Harris.
Into Film Festival
The Into Film Festival is the world’s largest youth film festival. It is an annual, three-week programme of over 2700 free cinema screenings, activities and workshops for 5-19 year-olds held in venues across England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man.
name="“IF AwardsFunkKidsLive">"Check out the Into Film Awards". funkidslive.co.uk. Retrieved 10 November 2015.</ref>
Into Film Trustees
- Eric Fellner, CBE — Into Film Chair, Co-Chairman of Working Title Films
- Heather Rabbatts — Into Film Deputy Chair, Managing Director at Smuggler Entertainment
- Patrick Bradley, Director of Ventures at Ingenious Media
- Barbara Broccoli, Producer at EON Productions
- Alan Bushell, Independent Consultant
- Mark Devereux, Senior Partner of Olswang
- Beeban Kidron, Film Director
- Sir Alasdair Macdonald, Former Headteacher
- Col Needham, Founder and CEO of IMDb.com
- David Kosse, Director of FILM4
- Ali, Aftab. "Education charity, Into Film, aims to get young people thinking about movie careers with its annual festival". independent.co.uk. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- "About Into Film". bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- Daly, Emma. "Eddie Redmayne appointed ambassador of film education charity". radiotimes.com. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- Young, David. "Sir Kenneth Branagh vows to inspire young people to get involved in the arts after being named charity's new ambassador". belfastlive.co.uk. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- McPherson, Gareth. "As Michael Sheen backs free Into Film Festival in Cambridge, call is made for study of film to be compulsory in schools". cambridge-news.co.uk. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- Showbiz, Bang. "Into Film Names New Ambassador". list.co.uk. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- Charlie Moore (3 November 2015). "World's biggest youth film festival heads to Manchester". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 3 November 2015.