Internet Broadway Database
The Internet Broadway Database (IBDB) is an online database of Broadway theatre productions and their personnel. It was conceived and created by Karen Hauser in 1996 and is operated by the Research Department of The Broadway League, a trade association for the North American commercial theatre community. The website also has a corresponding app for both the IOS and Android.
Type of site
|Owner||The Broadway League|
|Launched||20 November 2000|
This comprehensive history of Broadway provides records of productions from the beginnings of New York theatre in the 18th century up to today. Details include cast and creative lists for opening night and current day, song lists, awards and other interesting facts about every Broadway production. Other features of IBDB include an extensive archive of photos from past and present Broadway productions, headshots, links to cast recordings on iTunes or Amazon, gross and attendance information.
Its mission was to be an interactive, user-friendly, searchable database for League members, journalists, researchers, and Broadway fans.
The League recently added Broadway Touring shows to the database for ease of tracking shows that play in theatres across the country.
It is managed by Karen Hauser, Michael Abourizk, and Mark Smith of the Broadway League.
- "Ibdb.com Traffic, Demographics and Competitors". Alexa Internet. Retrieved October 5, 2018.
- "IBDB: The official source for Broadway Information". Internet Broadway Database. Archived from the original on July 25, 2012. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- LaFountain, Kristina (March 15, 2012). "The Broadway League develops IBDB application". TicketNews. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- Coakley, Jacob (February 15, 2012). "Broadway League Releases IBDB App for iOS Devices". Stage Directions. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- "Broadway League's New IBDB App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Links Theatergoers with Centuries of Theater". TravelWritersMagazine. July 22, 2012. Retrieved July 26, 2012.