International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame
The International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame (ISDHF) is an annual event that recognizes those who have contributed to the success and growth of recreational scuba diving in dive travel, entertainment, art, equipment design and development, education, exploration and adventure. It was founded in 2000 by the Cayman Islands Ministry of Tourism. Currently, it exists virtually with plans for a physical facility to be built at a future time.
|International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame|
Hall of Fame inductees
- John Ernest Williamson – Pioneer underwater photographer
- George Williamson
- Louis Boutan – French biologist, photographer and zoologist
- Henry Fleuss – British inventor of diving equipment
- Yves Le Prieur – French naval officer and inventor of a free-flow scuba system
- Benoît Rouquayrol – French inventor of an early diving demand regulator
- Auguste Denayrouze – French inventor of a demand air supply regulator for underwater diving
- Hugh Bradner – American physicist and inventor of the neoprene wetsuit
- Louis de Corlieu
- John Scott Haldane – Scottish physiologist and decompression researcher
- Maurice Fenzy – French manufacturer of industrial and diving breathing equipment
- Ted Eldred – Australian inventor of the single hose diving regulator
- Max "Gene" Nohl
- Lloyd Bridges – American film, stage and television actor
- Jacques Cousteau – French inventor of open circuit scuba, pioneer diver, author, film-maker and marine researcher
- Ben Cropp – Australian documentary filmmaker, conservationist and spearfisherman
- E. R. Cross
- Gustav Dalla Valle
- Jefferson Davis
- Sylvia Earle – American marine biologist, explorer, and author
- Bernard Eaton
- Emile Gagnon
- Al Giddings
- Hans Hass – Austrian biologist, film-maker, and underwater diving pioneer
- Lotte Hass – Austrian underwater diver, model and actress
- Jack Lavanchy
- Jack Mckenny
- Bob Soto
- Ron and Valerie Taylor
- Albert Tillman – American educator and underwater diver.
- Stan Waterman
- Dick Anderson
- Mike Ball
- Jerry Greenberg
- Kendall McDonald
- Spencer Slate
- Akira Tateishi
- Dewey Bergman
- Ernest Brooks
- Andreas Rechnitzer
- Don Stewart
- Sam Davison
- Guy Harvey – Jamaican marine wildlife artist and conservationist
- Bert Kilbride
- Rolf Schmidt
- Petra Roeglin
- Bob Barth
- Ramón Bravo – Mexican diver photographer and underwater filmmaker
- Philippe Cousteau, Senior – French diver and cinematographer
- Stuart Cove
- Kyuhachi Kataoka (Early pioneer)
- Dr. Joe MacInnis – Canadian physician, author, poet and aquanaut
- Kanezo Ohgushi (Early pioneer)
- Riichi Watanabe (Early pioneer)
- Dick Bonin
- Krov Menuhin
- Kurt Schafer
- Gardner Young
- Professional Association of Diving Instructors – Recreational diver training and certification agency (Significant Career Achievement and/or Industry Contribution)
- Jonathan Bird – American photographer, cinematographer, director and television host.
- Hussain ‘Sendi’ Rasheed
- Lee Selisky
- Dr Adel Mohamed Taher
- "International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame Vision". Cayman Islands Government. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame". International Sports Heritage Association. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Hall Members". International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame. Archived from the original on 2012-08-15.
- "He Pioneers, We Follow". Air Pacific. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Paul J. Tzimoulis - Arts - 1969". Academy of Underwater Arts & Sciences. Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- "Australian nets international scuba-diving honours". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Ralph Erickson Co-Founder of PADI". Portage Quarry Recreation Facility. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "SCUBA DIVING HALL OF FAME-CHUUKESEMAN". The Micronesia Forum. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Clement Lee First Dive Resort Operator of Malaysia, Environmentalist". Portage Quarry. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Allan Power to join the International SCUBA Diving Hall of Fame". Wild Discovery Guides. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Armand and JoAnn Zigahn to be inducted into International Scuba Divers Hall of Fame". Scuba Diving Magazine. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Kelly Tarlton gets Hall of Fame honour". MEDIAWORKS. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame Announces 2012Inductees". International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "IDHOF Honourees".
- "2015 IDHOF Inductees Announced". Rosemary E Lunn LinkedIn. Retrieved 6 February 2015.
- Rosemary E Lunn. "2016 Ramon Bravo To Be Inducted Into ISDHOF".
- "2016 International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame Inductees". Rosemary E Lunn LinkedIn.
- Rosemary E Lunn "2018 ISDHOF Inductees Announced". X-Ray Mag.
- Rosemary E Lunn "Dr Adel to be inducted into the International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame". X-Ray Mag.