International Journal of Epidemiology
The International Journal of Epidemiology is a bimonthly peer-reviewed medical journal covering research in epidemiology. It is the official journal of the International Epidemiological Association and is published by Oxford University Press. The journal is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics. The editor-in-chief is Stephen Leeder (University of Sydney).
|Edited by||Stephen Leeder|
|ISO 4||Int. J. Epidemiol.|
The journal was established in 1972 by the International Epidemiological Association to facilitate communication among its members and all those engaged in research, teaching and the application of epidemiology. The first editor-in-chief, Walter W. Holland, hoped to "overcome some of the problems of publication of epidemiological work in local journals, which often tend to be unavailable to workers outside that country" and to "create an international viewpoint of health problems."
The following persons are or have been editors-in-chief:
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed by:
- Holland, Walter W. (1972). "Editorial". International Journal of Epidemiology. 1 (1): iii.
- "Biological Abstracts - Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2016-12-27.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2016-12-27.
- "International Journal of Epidemiology". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2016-12-27.
- "InCites Journal Citation Reports". apps.clarivate.com. Retrieved 2019-08-01.