International Conference on Emergency Medicine
The International Conference on Emergency Medicine (ICEM) is a biennial conference on international emergency medicine for emergency physicians. It is organised by the International Federation for Emergency Medicine.
The first ICEM was held in London in 1986 as a collaborative effort between the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), the British Association for Emergency Medicine (BAEM), the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians (CAEP), and the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM). It rotated between the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia until 2010, when it was held in Singapore.
Emergency Medicine Journal calls ICEM a major international emergency medicine conference, while Kumar Alagappan and C. James Holliman refer to IFEM as "probably the most active, broad-based, international organization dealing with international EM [emergency medicine] development issues."
- "International Conference on Emergency Medicine". International Federation for Emergency Medicine. International Federation for Emergency Medicine. Retrieved 7 April 2018.
- Bodiwala, Gautam (2007). "Emergency Medicine: A global specialty". Emergency Medicine Australasia. 19: 287–8. doi:10.1111/j.1742-6723.2007.00989.x. PMID 17655627.
- Neill, A; Cronin, JJ; Brannigan, DD; O'Sullivan, R; Cadogan, M (2013). "The impact of social media on a major international emergency medicine conference". Emergency Medicine Journal. BMJ Journals. 31: 1–10. doi:10.1136/emermed-2012-202039. PMID 23423992.
- Alagappan, Kumar; Holliman, C. James (2005). "History of the Development of International Emergency Medicine". Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America. W. B. Saunders Company. 23 (1): 1–10. doi:10.1016/j.emc.2004.09.013. PMID 15663970.
- "Past ICEMs". International Federation for Emergency Medicine. Archived from the original on 18 November 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "International Conference on Emergency Medicine". International Federation for Emergency Medicine. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "First Conference on Emergency Medicine". Archives of Emergency Medicine. 3 (1): 31–92. 1986. doi:10.1136/emj.3.1.31-b. PMC 1285317. PMID 3730073.
- Goldman, Brian (1990). "Third world issues provide sobering backdrop as emergency physicians meet". Canadian Medical Association Journal. 143 (11): 1229, 1232–1233. PMC 1452859. PMID 1977510.
- Chan, JW; Graham, CA (2011). "Full text publication rates of studies presented at an international emergency medicine scientific meeting". Emergency Medicine Journal. BMJ Publishing Group. 28 (9): 802–803. doi:10.1136/emj.2010.101667. PMID 20844093.
- "International Conference on Emergency Medicine". EHS Today. 6 March 2008. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Klassen, TP; Acworth, J; Bialy, L; Black, K; Chamberlain JM, JM; Cheng, N; Daiziel, S; Fernandes, RM; Fitzpatrick, E; Johnson, DW; Kuppermann, N; Macias, CG; Newton, M; Osmond, MH; Plint, A; Valerio, P; Waisman, Y (2010). "Pediatric emergency research networks: a global initiative in pediatric emergency medicine". Pediatric Emergency Care. 26 (8): 541–543. doi:10.1097/PEC.0b013e3181e5bec1. PMID 20657343.