Ingram Content Group
|John R. Ingram, Chairman |
Shawn Morin, CEO
The Ingram Content Group was formed, in 2009, when Ingram Lightning Group merged with Ingram Digital Group. Ingram Content Group’s operating units are Ingram Book Company, Ingram International Inc., Ingram Library Services Inc., Ingram Publisher Services Inc., Ingram Periodicals Inc., Ingram Digital, Lightning Source Inc., Spring Arbor Distributors Inc., and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
In June 2014, the company, in conjunction with Hachette Book Group USA and Perseus Books Group, announced that Hachette would buy Perseus, and then sell that company's client services businesses to Ingram, with financial details undisclosed.
In December 2018, it was reported that Ingram Content extended an offer to purchase book distributor Baker & Taylor's retail and wholesale business from their parent company, Follett. As a result, Ingram informed the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) of the proposed deal, and a preliminary investigation was started. The FTC contacted leading book retailers, Amazon, and major and independent book publishers to help determine the impact, if any, from the sale.
The company has the industry's largest active book inventory with access to 7.5 million titles. The markets they serve include booksellers, librarians, educators and specialty retailers. Ingram employs approximately 3,000 people worldwide.
Ingram Content Group distributes to independent book stores throughout the United States, from warehouses in Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Indiana. It also operates a print-on-demand business, under the Lightning Source brand, with facilities in Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Ohio, California, United Kingdom, France and Australia. The company also provides full service distribution, including sales and marketing services via its Ingram Publisher Services division.
In addition to print distribution, Ingram also provides digital content services and distribution through CoreSource, VitalSource, and MyiLibrary.
- "Ingram Industries - Company Description - Hoover's". Retrieved 2009-02-12.
- Segal, David (June 3, 1999). "Barnes & Noble Drops Ingram Deal". The Washington Post. Retrieved June 17, 2019.
- "Perseus Books Group being acquired by Hachette". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- McGee, Jamie (April 4, 2016). "Ingram Content Group names Shawn Morin CEO". The Tennessean. Retrieved March 10, 2019.
- Milliot, Jim; Rosen, Judith (December 4, 2018). "Ingram In Rumored Bid to Buy B&T Retail Arm". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved March 10, 2019.
- "Ingram Content Group Acquires Aer.io". Ingram Content Group. December 15, 2015. Retrieved 2019-06-12.
- Snyder, Eric (June 30, 2017). "Ingram buys British distributor". Nashville Business Journal. Retrieved August 11, 2017.