A child crossing the Ingeegoodbee River, Australia
|States||New South Wales, Victoria|
|Region||Australian Alps (IBRA), Snowy Mountains, Victorian Alps|
|Local government areas||Snowy Monaro Regional Council, East Gippsland|
|⁃ location||south of Thredbo, Snowy Mountains, New South Wales|
|⁃ coordinates||36°45′S 148°15′E|
|⁃ elevation||1,340 m (4,400 ft)|
|Mouth||confluence with the Suggan Buggan River|
|south of the Black-Allan Line, Victorian Alps, Victoria|
|514 m (1,686 ft)|
|Length||31 km (19 mi)|
|River system||Snowy River catchment|
|⁃ right||Musk Creek|
|National parks||Kosciuszko NP, Alpine NP|
Course and features
The Ingeegoodbee River rises in alpine country within the Snowy Mountain Range contained within Kosciuszko National Park, south of Thredbo in New South Wales. The river flows generally southeast by south and then southwest, flowing across the Black-Allan Line that forms part of the border between Victoria and New South Wales, joined by one minor tributary, before reaching its confluence with the Suggan Buggan River within the Alpine National Park in Victoria. The river descends 826 metres (2,710 ft) over its 31-kilometre (19 mi) course.
- "Ingeegoodbee River: 617018". Vicnames. Government of Victoria. 2 May 1966. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Ingeegoodbee River". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Map of Ingeegoodbee River". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Snowy River sub-catchment". East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. Government of Victoria.
- "Snowy River - Catchment Map" (map). East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. Government of Victoria.
- East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority (2013). East Gippsland regional catchment strategy 2013 -2019 (PDF). Bairnsdale: East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. ISBN 978-0-9758164-6-2.