The Indy Fuel is a minor league ice hockey team in the Central Division of the ECHL's Western Conference and began play in the 2014–15 season. Based in Indianapolis, Indiana, the Fuel play their home games at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum on the Indiana State Fairgrounds. They are affiliated with the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and the AHL's Rockford IceHogs.
|Home arena||Indiana Farmers Coliseum|
|Colors||Red, gold, black, white |
|Owner(s)||Indiana Hockey Club, LLC (Jim & Sean Hallett and Jerry Williams)|
|General manager||Doug Christiansen|
|Head coach||Doug Christiansen|
|Affiliates||Chicago Blackhawks (NHL)|
Rockford IceHogs (AHL)
On November 11, 2013, the ECHL's board of governors approved the expansion membership application of the Indy Fuel for admission to the league for the 2014–15 season. On October 17, 2014, the Fuel played their franchise opening game against the Fort Wayne Komets, reigniting the Indianapolis and Fort Wayne rivalry after 15 years in a 4–5 defeat.
On March 7, 2016, the Indy Fuel relieved their inaugural head coach Scott Hillman and named Bernie John as interim head coach for the remainder of the 2015–16 season. On April 8, 2016, the interim tag was removed and John was named head coach and vice president of hockey operations for the 2016–17 season.
At the end of the 2017–18 regular season, the Fuel qualified for their first playoff berth. Entering as a fourth seed in the Central Division with 78 points, they were swept by the Toledo Walleye in the division semifinals. The team failed to qualify for the playoffs in the following 2018–19 season and the team released head coach Bernie John. The Fuel hired Doug Christiansen as the general manager and head coach for the 2019–20 season following his first season as head coach of the Manchester Monarchs.
|Season||GP||W||L||OTL||SOL||Pts||GF||GA||PIM||Standing||Year||1st round||2nd round||3rd round||Kelly Cup|
|2014–15||72||31||30||4||7||73||197||221||1026||6th, North||2015||Did not qualify|
|2015–16||72||32||36||4||0||68||174||201||786||4th, Midwest||2016||Did not qualify|
|2016–17||72||23||42||3||4||53||196||290||849||6th, Central||2017||Did not qualify|
|2017–18||72||36||30||5||1||78||242||248||1195||4th, Central||2018||L, 0–4, TOL||—||—||—|
|2018–19||72||35||32||2||3||75||230||247||1032||5th, Central||2019||Did not qualify|
- "CHRISTIANSEN NAMED FUEL'S HEAD COACH/GENERAL MANAGER". ECHL. June 14, 2019.
- "City's new pro hockey team to be called Indy Fuel". Indianapolis Business Journal. IBJ Media. November 26, 2013. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- "FUEL AGREE TO NHL AFFILIATION EXTENSION WITH THE CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS". Fuel. May 2, 2019.
- "Indy Fuel lose franchise opener 5–4 to Fort Wayne". Indy Star. 2014-10-17. Retrieved 2014-10-17.
- "Fuel Make Coaching Change". Indy Fuel. March 7, 2016.
- "Bernie John named Indy Fuel head coach". Indy Fuel. April 8, 2016.
- "Indy Fuel to Make Coaching Change for 2019-20 Season". OurSports Central. April 15, 2019.
- "Indy Fuel roster". Indy Fuel. 2018-07-05. Retrieved 2018-07-05.