The Indianapolis Times was an evening newspaper that served the city of Indianapolis, Indiana, from 1878 to 1965 when the paper ceased publishing.
Under the leadership of editor Boyd Gurley, the Indianapolis Times received a Pulitzer Prize in 1928 for Public Service after it successfully exposed Ku Klux Klan involvement in state politics under powerful Indiana Grand Dragon D.C. Stephenson.
The Indianapolis Times began as the Indianapolis Sun in 1878 and ceased publication on October 11, 1965. At the time of its demise, the paper was owned by Scripps-Howard. There is a historical marker located at the site of the Times building in the 300 block W. Maryland Street at Capitol Avenue in downtown Indianapolis. The Times building is long gone, but the marker honors the location.