Indianapolis Speedway (film)
Indianapolis Speedway is a 1939 American drama film directed by Lloyd Bacon and written by Sig Herzig and Wally Kline.The film stars Ann Sheridan, Pat O'Brien, John Payne, Gale Page, Frank McHugh and Grace Stafford. The film was released by Warner Bros. on August 5, 1939.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Lloyd Bacon|
|Produced by||Max Siegel|
|Screenplay by||Sig Herzig|
|Story by||Howard Hawks|
|Music by||Adolph Deutsch|
|Edited by||William Holmes|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
Two auto racing brothers become rivals on the racetrack when the older brother tries to keep his younger one from dropping out of school and becoming a driver too. The stubborn younger brother just gets behind the wheel of someone else's car and the race is on. During the reckless running of the race, the older brother's best friend is killed precipitating the beginning of the end for the older driver.
- Ann Sheridan as 'Frankie' Merrick
- Pat O'Brien as Joe Greer
- John Payne as Eddie Greer
- Gale Page as Lee Mason
- Frank McHugh as 'Spud' Connors
- Grace Stafford as Martha Connors
- Granville Bates as Mr. Greer
- John Ridgely as Ted Horn
- Regis Toomey as Dick Wilbur
- John Harron as Red, Eddie's Pitman
- William B. Davidson as Duncan Martin
- Edward McWade as Tom Dugan
- Irving Bacon as Fred Haskill
- Tommy Bupp as Haskill's Son
- Robert Middlemass as Edward Hart
- Charles Halton as Mayor
- "Indianapolis Speedway (1939) - Overview". TCM.com. 2012-03-22. Retrieved 2015-09-04.
- Nugent, Frank S. (1939-07-15). "Movie Review - Indianapolis Speedway - THE SCREEN; The Warners Present a Slow Charged Racing Melodrama in 'Indianapolis Speedway,' at the Strand". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-09-04.
- Indianapolis Speedway on IMDb
- Indianapolis Speedway at AllMovie
- Indianapolis Speedway at the TCM Movie Database
- Indianapolis Speedway at the American Film Institute Catalog