Illinois Route 94
Illinois Route 94 is a north–south state highway in western Illinois. It runs from U.S. Route 24 just east of Camp Point to U.S. Route 67 just south of Oak Grove, just south of the Quad Cities area. This is a distance of 128.76 miles (207.22 km).
Illinois Route 94
|Maintained by IDOT|
|Length||128.76 mi (207.22 km)|
|Counties||Adams, Hancock, Henderson, Warren, Mercer, Rock Island|
Illinois 94 follows a complicated route north from Camp Point on its way to the Quad Cities area, making no fewer than eighteen 90-degree turns along the length of the route. It overlaps Illinois Route 61, Illinois Route 336, U.S. Route 136, Illinois Route 9, U.S. Route 34, Illinois Route 135 and Illinois Route 17.
SBI Route 94 ran from Taylor Ridge, west of U.S. 67, to La Harpe, at Illinois 9. There was also a spur to Alexis, northwest of Galesburg. In March 1937 that spur was changed to Illinois Route 135, and the main route extended south to Bowen, replacing Illinois Route 94A, parts of Illinois Route 96 and Illinois Route 36. In 1955 it was extended further south to its current terminus, partially replacing Illinois Route 102. It was also extended north to U.S. 67.
This route is part of the Illinois Route 336 project in western Illinois.
|||8.9||14.3||South end of IL 61 concurrency|
|Hancock||Bowen||15.5||24.9||North end of IL 61 concurrency|
|||19.6||31.5||South end of IL 110/IL 336 concurrency|
|||30.9||49.7||North end of IL 110/IL 336 concurrency; South end of US 136 concurrency|
|Carthage||32.3||52.0||North end of US 136 concurrency|
|||44.7||71.9||South end of IL 9 concurrency|
|La Harpe||52.9||85.1||North end of IL 9 concurrency|
|||69.7||112.2||South end of IL 116 concurrency|
|||74.8||120.4||North end of IL 116 concurrency|
|Warren||||94.8||152.6||South end of IL 135 concurrency|
|||97.9||157.6||North end of IL 135 concurrency|
|Mercer||Aledo||107.1||172.4||South end of IL 17 concurrency|
|108.0||173.8||North end of IL 17 concurrency|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Illinois Technology Transfer Center (2006). "T2 GIS Data". Retrieved 2007-11-08.
- Carlson, Rich. Illinois Highways Page: Routes 81 thru 100. Last updated March 15, 2005. Retrieved April 17, 2006.
- "Highways Get New Numbers in State Plan". The Rock Island Argus. March 29, 1937. p. 3. Retrieved December 18, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- Carlson, Rich (2007-02-03). "Illinois Highways Page: Routes 21 thru 40". Retrieved 2007-02-23.
- Google (February 25, 2017). "Overview Map of IL 94" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved February 25, 2017.