Ilam School of Fine Arts
The School of Fine Arts at the University of Canterbury was founded in 1882 as the Canterbury College School of Art. The school became a full department of the university in the 1950s, and was the first department to move to the suburban Ilam site in 1957, in the Okeover Homestead. Art history was included in 1974, and the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree was introduced in 1982.
- A History of the University of Canterbury 1873-1973 by W.J. Gardner, E. T. Beardsley & T. E. Carter (Caxton Press, Christchurch, 1973)
- About the School of Fine Arts (University of Canterbury website)
- School of Fine Arts collection (University of Canterbury website)
- The School of Art (from 1885 Guide to Christchurch)