Icelandic Women's Basketball Cup
The Icelandic Women's Basketball Cup (Icelandic: Bikarkeppni KKÍ), also known as Geysir bikarinn for sponsorship reasons, is an annual basketball competition between clubs in Iceland. It is Iceland's first-tier cup competition, and is not to be confused with Iceland's former second-tier cup competition, the Company Cup.
|Current season, competition or edition:|
|Most titles||Keflavík (15 titles)|
History and format
The first edition of the Icelandic Women's Cup championship took place in 1975, and was won by Þór Akureyri. All the rounds are played with a single game knockout format. The final four and the finals are played on a single weekend.
Finally, the winner of the Icelandic Cup championship, or the runner-up if the same team wins both the cup and national championship, will then face the winner of the Úrvalsdeild kvenna championship in a single game to determine the winner of the Icelandic Supercup championship in the beginning of the next season.
Cup Finals MVP
|2010||María Lind Sigurðardóttir||Forward||Haukar|
|2016||Haiden Palmer||Point guard||Snæfell|
|2017||Ariana Moorer||Point guard||Keflavík|
|2018||Brittanny Dinkins||Point guard||Keflavík|
|2019||Helena Sverrisdóttir||Small forward||Valur|
- Geysis-bikarinn kynntur til leiks næstu tvö árin
- 49. grein - Bikarkeppni KKÍ
- 46. grein - Meistarakeppni KKÍ
- Óskar Ófeigur Jónsson (22 February 2010). "María spilaði leik lífsins". Fréttablaðið (in Icelandic). Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- Kristján Jónsson (22 February 2010). "Kom sjálfri mér á óvart". Morgunblaðið (in Icelandic). Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- Icelandic Basketball Federation (in Icelandic)