Icelandic Basketball Player of the Year
The Icelandic Basketball Player of the Year award was established in 1973 to recognize the best Icelandic basketball player of the year. The winners are basketball players who have Icelandic citizenship, and whose performances with its sports club and/or national team throughout the year has reached the highest level of excellence. All players with Icelandic citizenship, regardless of where they play in the world, qualify for the award. The winners are selected by the Icelandic Basketball Association. From 1973 to 1997 both genders were eligible for the award. In 1998 the Icelandic Basketball Association decided instead of one award to select both the men's and women's player of the year.
|Icelandic Basketball Player of the Year|
|First winner||Kristinn Jörundsson|
|Most wins||Jón Arnór Stefánsson (12x) and Helena Sverrisdóttir (11x)|
|Most recent||Martin Hermannsson and Hildur Björg Kjartansdóttir|
All-time award winners
|Year||Players of the Year||Club(s)|
|Kristinn M. Stefánsson|
|Kristinn Jörundsson (2x)|
|Kristinn Jörundsson (3x)|
|Jón Sigurðsson (2x)|
|Guðni Ólafur Guðnason|
|Jón Kr. Gíslason|
|Valur Ingimundarson (2x)|
|Jón Kr. Gíslason (2x)|
|Jón Kr. Gíslason (3x)|
|Jón Kr. Gíslason (4x)|
|Anna María Sveinsdóttir|
|Guðmundur Bragason (2x)|
- Körfuknattleiksfólk ársins 2016 · Gunnhildur og Martin
- Óskar Ófeigur Jónsson (13 December 2017). "Hildur Björg og Martin eru Körfuknattleiksfólk ársins 2017". Vísir.is (in Icelandic). Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- Jón Björn Ólafsson (17 December 2018). "Hildur og Martin körfuknattleiksfólk ársins annað árið í röð". Karfan.is (in Icelandic). Retrieved 17 December 2018.
- "Körfuknattleiksfólk ársins 2019 - Helena og Martin". Icelandic Basketball Federation (in Icelandic). 13 December 2019. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- Icelandic Basketball Association Official Website (in Icelandic)