I Remember You (John Hicks album)
I Remember You is a live solo album by pianist John Hicks which was recorded in 2006 shortly before Hick's death and released on the HighNote label. The album was released posthumously in 2009.
|I Remember You|
|Live album by|
|Released||July 28, 2009|
New Hope, Pennsylvania
|Producer||Joe Fields and Jon Rosenberg|
|John Hicks chronology|
Allmusic reviewed the album stating "An underrated genius of jazz piano if ever there was one, Hicks died before reaping the ultimate rewards and high praise he deserved, so this CD not only reflects a certain melancholy, but celebrates what an original jazz interpreter he truly was... Where Hicks was primarily an ensemble performer, it's good to hear him alone and together with his beloved piano, making subtle and substantive music from the heart".
- "Reflections" (Thelonious Monk) - 7:11
- "I Remember You" (Victor Schertzinger, Johnny Mercer) - 11:04
- "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square" (Eric Maschwitz, Manning Sherwin) - 3:38
- "All of You" (Cole Porter) - 1:59
- "Solar" (Miles Davis) - 8:40
- "I Want to Talk About You" (Billy Eckstine) - 3:25
- "Everytime We Say Goodbye" (Porter) - 6:49
- "Upper Manhattan Medical Group" (Billy Strayhorn) - 4:09
- "Nutty" (Monk) - 8:46
- John Hicks – piano
- John Hicks discography accessed February 25, 2015
- Nastos, M. G., Allmusic Review, accessed February 25, 2015
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.