I Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance with You
"I Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance With You" is a 1932 song recorded by Bing Crosby with Orchestral Accompaniment. The music was composed by Victor Young, with lyrics written by Ned Washington and Bing Crosby. The song is a jazz and pop standard recorded by many different artists.
The song was recorded on October 14, 1932 by Bing Crosby in New York with Orchestral Accompaniment. Bing Crosby was accompanied by the ARC Brunswick Studio Orchestra led by Lennie Hayton, who also played the piano. Two master versions were recorded: B12474-A at 3:12 and B12474-B at 3:18. The recording was released as a 78 single as Brunswick 6454, b/w "Just an Echo in the Valley", and Columbia DB-2030, b/w "Cabin in the Cotton", and as a 45, Columbia 39524, b/w "Temptation". The Brunswick recording charted on January 21, 1933, reaching no. 5 on the US chart.
- Gene Austin
- Mildred Bailey
- Will Bradley, V-Disc 539A
- Clifford Brown - Brown and Roach Incorporated (1954)
- Dave Brubeck
- Cab Calloway
- Maurice Chevalier - performed in the film Folies Bergère de Paris (1935).
- June Christy - Complete Capitol Transcription Sessions (2001)
- Cozy Cole
- Bing Crosby
- The Dorsey Brothers
- Tommy Dorsey
- Duke Ellington
- Ted Fio Rito and his Orchestra
- Ella Fitzgerald - Digital III at Montreux (1979), Easy Living (1986)
- Helen Forrest with Nat King Cole, Lionel Hampton, and Oscar Moore, 1940
- Slim Gaillard
- Erroll Garner - The Complete Savoy Sessions Vol 2 (1986)
- Dizzy Gillespie
- Stan Getz
- Dexter Gordon
- Bobby Hackett
- Wynonie Harris, 1947
- Billie Holiday
- The Hot Sardines
- Illinois Jacquet
- Etta James
- Joni James
- Bill Kenny
- Andy Kirk and His Twelve Clouds of Joy
- Diana Krall - Love Scenes (1997)
- Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers
- Tony Martin
- Carmen McRae - Torchy!/Blue Moon (1999)
- Thelonious Monk - Thelonious Himself (1957)
- Vaughn Monroe
- Wes Montgomery - Movin' Along (1960)
- The New Orleans Jazz Vipers
- Houston Person
- Wendell Pierce
- Linda Ronstadt with Nelson Riddle, on the album What's New (1983).
- Artie Shaw and his Orchestra
- George Shearing
- Frank Sinatra - The Voice of Frank Sinatra (1946), No One Cares (1959)
- The Solitaires
- Mel Tormé
- Lennie Tristano - RCA Victor - 80th Anniversary: 1940-1949
- Frankie Trumbauer
- Sarah Vaughan
- Bea Wain (1939)
- Lee Wiley - Night in Manhattan ( 1950), Music of Manhattan, 1951 (1998)
- Jackie Wilson with Billy Ward and his Dominoes
- Teddy Wilson
- Lester Young
- "Second Hand Songs: I Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance with You". Secondhandsongs.com. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "(I Don't Stand A) Ghost of a Chance (With You) (1932) : Jazz Standards". Jazzstandards.com. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "A Bing Crosby Discography". BING magazine. International Club Crosby. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- "Song artist 1 - Bing Crosby". Tsort.info. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "Please (1933)". IMDb.com. 15 December 1933. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- Grudens, Richard (2002). Bing Crosby – Crooner of the Century. Celebrity Profiles Publishing Co.. ISBN 1-57579-248-6.
- Macfarlane, Malcolm. Bing Crosby – Day By Day. Scarecrow Press, 2001.
- Osterholm, J. Roger. Bing Crosby: A Bio-Bibliography. Greenwood Press, 1994.