I Belonged to You
I Belonged to You is a 2016 Chinese romantic drama film directed by Zhang Yibai and starring Deng Chao, Bai Baihe, Yang Yang, Zhang Tianai, Yue Yun-peng, Du Juan and Liu Yan. It was released in China on September 29, 2016.
|I Belonged to You|
|Directed by||Zhang Yibai|
|Written by||Zhang Jiajia|
|Based on||Passing From Your World by Zhang Jiajia|
|Starring||Deng Chao |
Beijing Enlight Pictures
Tianjin Motie Entertainment
Tianjin Chengzi Yingxiang Media
Tianjin Motie Xingya Media
Huoerguosi Enlight Media
Shanghai Shigu Film
Nanjing Shijianhai Entertainment
|Distributed by||Beijing Enlight Pictures |
Shanghai Tao Piao Piao Entertainment
|Box office||US$121.5 million|
I Belonged To You is a romance omnibus of mini love stories adapted from Zhang Jiajia's best-selling internet "bedtime stories" novel of the same name. Chen Mo (Deng Chao), is known as the cheapest person in the whole city. Every day he will battle against DJ Xiao Rong (Du Juan). No one knows where their hate comes from. Chen Mo's two little brothers, whether it is the silliest Zhu Tou (Yue Yun Peng) or the city's most innocent Mo Shi Ba (Yang Yang), the three people all go on rampages daily, thinking that they can all live freely, but the result is that they all hit the greatest turning point of their lives. Chen Mo meets the mysterious Yao Ji (Zhang Tianai), Zhu Tou creates the worst wedding of all time, Mo Shi Ba experiences the saddest parting. These people's lives reveal things little by little. Dreams, love, friendship all go far away. They have already lost their own paths, until they hear a voice from around the world.
In China, I Belonged to You was strategically released on Thursday, October 1, National Day – traditionally a day for families to go and watch firework displays. The release date indeed proved to be lucrative as the film opened in first place from its opening day with $11.1 million (dominating 80% of the total market share) and throughout the remaining four days, leading to top the charts by the end of the weekend. In total, it earned $45.9 million in the four day period and $34.4 million in the Friday to Sunday period, according to data from Ent Group. Although the film topped the box office in its country, internationally, it fell behind the Hollywood film, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
In its second weekend, the film fell to second place earning $12.5 million over the weekend. It was overtaken by Operation Mekong.
Awards and nominations
|2017||30th Tokyo International Film Festival Golden Crane Award||Best Film||I Belonged to You||Won|
- "从你的全世界路过（2016）". cbooo.cn (in Chinese). Retrieved September 29, 2016.
- "从你的全世界路过 (2016)". movie.douban.com (in Chinese). douban.com. Retrieved September 29, 2016.
- Patrick Frater (October 9, 2016). "China Box Office: 'Operation Mekong' Leaps to Weekend Win". Variety. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "I Belonged To You". Village Cinemas. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- Patrick Frater (October 2, 2016). "China Box Office: National Day Holiday Won by 'Belonged'". Variety. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
- Nancy Tartaglione (October 2, 2016). "'Miss Peregrine' Books $36.5M; 'Finding Dory', 'Bridget Jones' Reach Milestones; Big Frame For Local Pics – Intl Box Office". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
- "东京电影节金鹤奖战狼成大赢家 刘亦菲凭《三生三世》封后_腾讯网". xw.qq.com. Retrieved 2017-11-01.