ISO 668 - Series 1 freight containers — Classification, dimensions and ratings is an ISO international standard which classifies intermodal freight shipping containers and standardises their size and weight specifications. Introduced in 1968, ISO 668 regulates both external and internal dimensions of containers, as well as the minimum door opening size, where applicable. It also specifies the associated gross weight ratings, and requirements for load transfer areas in the base structures of containers, since amendment 1 of 2005.
|Series 1 freight containers — Classification, dimensions and ratings|
|Organization||International Organization for Standardization|
The current version of the standard is the sixth edition (2013), which integrates version E from 1995 with its two amendments of 2005.
- ISO 1496-1 — Series 1 Freight Containers — Specification and Testing — Part 1, General Cargo Containers
- ISO 6346 — standard covering the coding, identification and marking of intermodal containers
- "ISO 668:2013 - Series 1 freight containers -- Classification, dimensions and ratings". www.iso.org.
- ISO 668:1995 Series 1 freight containers — Classification, dimensions and ratings — AMENDMENT 1 (Technical report). ISO. 2005-09-15.
- ISO 668:1995 Series 1 freight containers — Classification, dimensions and ratings — AMENDMENT 2: 45' containers (Technical report). ISO. 2005.
- "Container Handbook - Section 3.2 Container dimensions and weights". www.containerhandbuch.de.