ISO 20400 Sustainable procurement -- Guidance provides guidance to organizations, independent of their activity or size, on integrating sustainability within procurement. It is intended for stakeholders involved in, or impacted by, procurement decisions and processes.
This standard was developed by ISO project committee ISO/PC 277.
Main requirements of the standard
The ISO 20400:2017 adopts the structure in the following breakdown:
- 1 Scope
- 2 Normative references
- 3 Terms and definitions
- 4 Understanding the fundamentals
- 5 Integrating sustainability into the organization's procurement policy and strategy
- 6 Organizing the procurement function toward sustainability
- 7 Integrating sustainability into the procurement process
- "ISO 20400:2017 - Sustainable procurement -- Guidance". www.iso.org. Retrieved 7 April 2018.
- ISO, You are what you buy – the first International Standard for sustainable procurement just published, 21 April 2017
The ISO PC277 Committee support a not for profit website to share knowledge www.iso20400.org