Along with the freeware version, iMacros is available as a proprietary commercial application, with additional features and support for web scripting, web scraping, internet server monitoring, and web testing. In addition to working with HTML pages, the commercial editions can automate Adobe Flash, Adobe Flex, Silverlight, and Java applets by using Directscreen and image recognition technology. The freeware version of iMacros contains no control flow statements and, with a few minor exceptions, complex or conditional code requires scripting available only in the commercial version.
Advanced versions also contain a command-line interface and an application programming interface (API) to automate more complicated tasks and integrate with other programs or scripts. The iMacros API is called the Scripting Interface. The Scripting Interface of the iMacros Scripting Edition is designed as a Component Object Model (COM) object and allows the user to remotely control (script) the iMacros Browser, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome from any Windows programming or scripting language.
- "Version History". iMacros Online Documentation. Ipswitch, Inc. 2012-03-19. Retrieved 2019-08-30.
- "System requirements". iMacros | Web Browser Scripting, Data Extraction and Web Testing. Ipswitch, Inc. Retrieved 9 January 2010.
- "iMacros Feature Comparison - Free and Business Editions". iMacros website. Ipswitch, Inc. Retrieved 9 January 2011.
- "iMacros for Chrome § Version History". iMacros for Chrome Online Documentation. Ipswitch, Inc. 2012-04-24. Retrieved 2019-08-30.
- "Versions". addons.mozilla.org. Mozilla Foundation. Retrieved 2019-08-30.
- Firefox 3 Hacks, O'Reilly, 2008, ISBN 978-4-87311-375-3
- Butcher, Mike. "Live from Munich – TechCrunch Europe seminar and meetup | TechCrunch". Retrieved 2017-08-27.
- Goebel, Max et all. Digging the Wild Web. An Interactive Tool. Web information systems engineering - WISE 2007: 8th International Conference
- Huben, Jan, Domain Independent Automatic Form Filling. Web Engineering: 10th International Conference, ICWE 2010, Vienna, Austria
- "Ipswitch's Network Management Division Acquires iOpus Software". Reuters. April 24, 2012. Retrieved 2017-08-27.
- "Firefox Extensions and Tools: Using iMacros and Zotero". Library Technology Conference 2009. March 19, 2009. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
- "Automatic Google Search". Embedded sample imacro.
- "iMacros Macro or Script". iMacros wiki website. iOpus. Retrieved 17 March 2014.