IESEG School of Management
IÉSEG School of Management ("IÉSEG" stands for Institut d'Economie Scientifique Et de Gestion, literally means "The Institute of Scientific Economy and Management") is a post-bac business school in France, established in 1964 in Lille. This business school is a member of the Université Catholique de Lille, the largest private university in France in terms of student population and endowment. The school has two campuses, one in Lille and one in Paris. IÉSEG holds the “Triple Crown” of international accreditations: EQUIS, AACSB, and AMBA, and is part of a limited circle of the best business schools worldwide (less than 1%).
Institut d'Économie Scientifique et de Gestion
|Motto||Empowering changemakers for a better society|
|AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA, CGE|
IÉSEG School of Management is ranked by the international Financial Times. As a French Grande Ecole and member of the Conférence des Grandes Écoles, IÉSEG is one of the higher education institutions in the country.
The school has a total of 5,150 students on the Lille and Paris campuses.
IÉSEG collaborates with the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS). The School has 2270 international students; 84% of its permanent faculty is international, 100% hold a PhD and it has a network of more than 281 partner universities in 69 countries.
- 1964 - IÉSEG is founded in Lille as Institut d'Economie Scientifique et de Gestion.
- 1976 - Official recognition of IÉSEG by the French Ministry of Higher Education.
- 1985 - IÉSEG becomes an institutional partner of a research centre associated with the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS). Accreditation of the IÉSEG degree by the French Ministry of Higher Education.
- 1993 - The total number of students exceeds 500.
- 1997 - IÉSEG becomes a member of the Conférence des Grandes Écoles.
- 2002 - The IÉSEG Grande École programme is redesigned for compatibility with the Bologna system. All courses of the MSc in Management are taught in English.
- 2003 - Renewal of governmental accreditation of the degree, which also receives the grade de master. Launch of the Master of International Business.
- 2004 - IÉSEG founds its International Advisory Board. The total number of students exceeds 1,000. Together with the Université Catholique de Lille, IÉSEG launches a second fundraising campaign (€30 million) following the success of the first one, which raised more than €5 million. First twinning programmes with Loyola College (India).
- 2009 - After one year in temporary premises, IÉSEG opens a campus located in “La Grande Arche”, Paris, La Défense. Launch of an “apprenticeship section” in the masters cycle of the Grande École programme.
- The total number of students exceeds 2,000. First corporate chair with Société Générale and Adecco.
- 2010 - Launch of the International Summer Academy on the Paris campus.
- 2011 - Launch of the Advanced MIB programme in Paris. The total number of students reaches 2 729.
- 2014 - Launch of 4 new MSc (Master of Science) programs in Digital Marketing and CRM, Business Analysis and Consulting, Finance, Accounting)
- 2015 - Renewal of IÉSEG's EQUIS accreditation. Launch of a Bachelor in International Business, 3 new Master of Science programs (Big Data analytics for Business, Investment Banking &Capital markets, and International Business Negotiation) and an Executive MBA.
Grande Ecole Program
Unlike many other French Grande écoles of business which have a three-year programme (after two years of Classes Préparatoires) IÉSEG offers a five-year Master in Management program just after completing the Baccalauréat : the Grande École programme. In addition to mainstream courses, students are allowed to specialise in a variety of subjects that range from finance to human resources.
This program is composed of a three-year Bachelor cycle followed by a two-year Master of Science in Management.
Bachelor cycle: During the three-year bachelor cycle, students study different areas of management such as International Business and Marketing and Operations Management. Master cycle the 2-year Master in Management cycle gives students the opportunity to specialize in a particular field: Audit – Control, Economics and International Trade Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Finance, Human Resources Management, Information Systems Management, Operations Management, Marketing, or International Negotiation & Sales Management.
It is possible for newly admitted students to follow all the courses of the five-year programme only in English, allowing foreign students with no French background to be admitted as an IÉSEG student.
Bachelor in International Business
Master of Science - M.Sc
Executive MBA (EMBA)
Spring & Summer Sessions
International Summer Academy
International Fashion Business Summer Program
French Culture Spring Session
The recruitment is carried out through the Access exam. The recruitment is highly selective as in 2016, only 600 students were admitted for 5000 candidates.
IÉSEG has 262 partner universities around the world (66 different countries), in which the School's students can spend one or two semesters as an exchange student. In addition, in the School welcomes 2090 international students for the 2016/2017 academic years.
IÉSEG shares a research department with CNRS, a state-owned research body. Primary areas of research include economics, quantitative methods, finance, accounting, management, marketing, and negotiation.
Centers of research expertise
• IÉSEG Center of excellence in Negotiation (ICoN): ICoN is active in negotiation research, teaching and knowledge transfer. ICoN adopts a transversal approach to negotiation and relationship establishment, spanning over management, employment relations, marketing (sales and procurement), international relations and law.
• IÉSEG Center for marketing Analytics (ICMA): The IÉSEG Center for marketing Analytics (ICMA) is a research group that aims to establish durable research collaborations between academics active in research in the field of marketing analytics, including database marketing, customer intelligence, digital analytics or analytical CRM, and businesses in need of solutions related to one of these topics.
• IÉSEG Center for Organizational Responsibility (ICOR): ICOR is IÉSEG's Center for Organizational Responsibility. Founded in 2014, it aims to create and disseminate conceptual knowledge and practice-oriented tools in the field of social responsibility, sustainability and business and society relationships for students, researchers, professionals and their organizations.
It is composed of and coordinated by members of IÉSEG academic staff from all departments.
The historical campus, located in the heart of the city of Lille, is composed of modern buildings for a total surface of more than 20 000 m2 (6 buildings).
The campus combines lecture halls, 20 classrooms, 3 multimedia rooms, a trading room, a library, a cafeteria and meeting rooms for clubs and associations.