|Founder||International Data Group|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
The first fund was created by IDG in 1996 and was located in San Francisco, California. The latest San Francisco fund, formed in 2007, accepted other institutional investors in addition to IDG, which remains a major investor. In 2000, IDG started a fund in Europe; this fund is now closed. In 2001, IDG started a fund in Boston, also named IDG Ventures. The manager of the Boston fund renamed itself Flybridge Capital Partners in 2008 and is no longer associated with the IDG Ventures funds. In the 2000s, IDG started funds in Vietnam, India, and Korea. As of 2013, there are five countries with IDG funds - China, Vietnam, India, Korea and the United States (San Francisco).
Venture Capital Investments
|2013||Appboy||New York City-based mobile marketing automation company|
|2015||Baofeng||Chinese online video platform|
|2015||Survata||Market research & survey respondents|
|2015||Aasaanjobs.com||Indian entry-level recruitment portal|
- "China Oceanwide and IDG Capital Announce Agreement to Acquire IDG". Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- Chapman, Lizette (2 October 2014). "Appboy Raises $15 Million to Help Businesses Improve Mobile Marketing". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- Loizos, Connie. "Survata Surveys Investors, Raises $6 Million Series A". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- "Survata Announces $6 Million in Series A Funding | Survata Blog". www.survata.com. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- "Dating App ICrushiFlush Raises Funding From IDG Ventures". Tech in Asia. Retrieved 2015-07-22.