IBM WebSphere refers to a brand of proprietary computer software products in the genre of enterprise software known as "application and integration middleware". These software products are used by end-users to create and integrate applications with other applications. IBM WebSphere has been available to the general market since 1998.
IBM WebSphere logo
IBM introduced the first product in this brand, IBM WebSphere Performance Pack, in June 1998. As of 2012 this original component forms a part of IBM WebSphere2 Application Server Network Deployment, which itself is one of many WebSphere-branded enterprise software products.
IBM WebSphere Software
- IBM WebSphere Application Server - a web application server
- IBM Workload Deployer - a hardware appliance that provides access to IBM middleware virtual images and patterns
- IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale - an in-memory data grid for use in high-performance computing
- IBM HTTP Server
- IBM WebSphere Adapters
- IBM Websphere Business Events
- IBM Websphere Edge Components
- IBM Websphere Host On-Demand (HOD) Host On-Demand Web-based TN3270, TN5250 and VT420 Terminal Emulation.
- IBM WebSphere Message Broker
- IBM MQ (previously known as IBM MQSeries and IBM WebSphere MQ)
- IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory
- IBM WebSphere Process Server