The IAR-824 (originally known as the ICA IS-24) was a utility aircraft built in Romania in the 1970s.
|The prototype IAR-824 fitted with tricycle undercarriage when displayed at the 1973 Paris Air Show|
|Role||Civil utility aircraft|
|First flight||23 May 1971|
Developed from the ICA IS-23A, it was a conventional high wing cantilever monoplane of all metal construction with fixed tricycle undercarriage and seating for six people within an enclosed cabin.
The first prototype made its maiden flight on 23 May 1971 with the type gaining its type certificate on 13 May 1972. It was exhibited at the 1973 Paris Air Show. Ten examples were built, including the prototype, some of which were fitted with a tailwheel undercarriage for glider towing, with five going to Romania's Aeroclub for training and glider towing.
Aircraft on display
The aircraft with construction number 5 and registration YR-ISF is on display at the Clinceni Airfield near Bucharest.
- Crew: 1
- Capacity: 5 passengers
- Length: 9.10 m (29 ft 10 in)
- Wingspan: 12.40 m (40 ft 8 in)
- Height: 3.44 m (11 ft 3 in)
- Wing area: 23.60 m2 (254.0 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 6.6:1
- Airfoil: NACA 642-413.5
- Empty weight: 1,240 kg (2,734 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 1,900 kg (4,189 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 325 L (71.5 Imp Gallons)
- Powerplant: 1 × Lycoming IO-540-C1D5 air cooled flat-six, 220 kW (290 hp)
- Maximum speed: 205 km/h (127 mph, 111 kn)
- Cruise speed: 180 km/h (110 mph, 97 kn)
- Stall speed: 75 km/h (47 mph, 40 kn)
- Range: 900 km (560 mi, 490 nmi)
- Service ceiling: 3,000 m (9,800 ft)
- Rate of climb: 3.00 m/s (591 ft/min)
Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to IAR-824.|
- Taylor 1976, pp. 152–153.
- Vlad 1998, p. 14.
- Vlad 1998, p. 19
- Simpson, R. W. (1995). Airlife's General Aviation. Shrewsbury: Airlife Publishing. p. 341.
- Taylor, John W. R. (1976). Jane's All The World's Aircraft 1976–77. ISBN 0 354 00538 3.
- Taylor, Michael J. H. (1989). Jane's Encyclopedia of Aviation. London: Studio Editions. p. 527.
- Vlad, Danut. "Out of the Ashes: The Romanian Aviation Industry Since 1945". Air Enthusiast. No. March/April 1998, No. 74. pp. 9–19. ISSN 0143-5450.
- Уголок неба