|Coordinates: 60°12′36″N 24°53′24″E|
|Consolidated||To Helsinki in 1946|
|• Total||12.3 km2 (4.7 sq mi)|
|• Density||190/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|• Finnish||1441 inhabitants|
Current areas of Munkkiniemi, Lauttasaari and parts of northern Pasila were parts of Huopalahti. The area was separated from former Helsinki parish in 1920. Haaga was part of the municipality, but was separated from it in 1923. The Finnish National Defence University, that was moved to Munkkiniemi in 1923, was located in Huopalahti. In 1946, the municipality was consolidated to Helsinki.