Hunt City Township, Jasper County, Illinois
Hunt City Township
Location in Jasper County
Jasper County's location in Illinois
|Coordinates: 39°02′56″N 88°01′14″W|
|Established||September 11, 1901|
|• Total||32.03 sq mi (83.0 km2)|
|• Land||32.03 sq mi (83.0 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||518 ft (158 m)|
|• Density||8.8/sq mi (3.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
62448, 62480, 62481
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Baily, Brockville, Mattison/Madison, Mound and Sand Rock.
- Jasper County Community Unit School District 1
- Oblong Community Unit School District 4
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 108
- State Senate District 54
- Burl Ives was born in Hunt City Township, and is buried there at Mound Cemetery.
- "Hunt City Township, Jasper County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- Graveyards of Illinois