|Chief Executive of Fletcher Challenge Ltd|
|Chancellor of the University of Auckland|
18 October 2004 – 2008
|Born||28 November 1947|
|Spouse(s)||Dame Sian Elias|
|Alma mater||BSc (1969), MCom(Hons) (1973)|
University of Auckland
Fletcher was the second son born to Sir James Fletcher and Vaughan, Lady Fletcher. After attending Kings College, he gained a BSc 1969 and MCom (Hons) 1974 from the University of Auckland, in addition to an MBA from Stanford University.
Fletcher's wife is the Chief Justice of New Zealand Dame Sian Elias. His brother Angus Fletcher, who was also involved with the family firm, is ex-husband to former Mayor of Auckland, and City and Government Minister Christine Fletcher. His older brother Jim Fletcher was murdered at his holiday home in the Bay of Plenty in 1993.
Fletcher was a New Zealand Representative on the Trilateral Commission. In 2002, he was appointed to the board of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand. He was subsequently reappointed in 2007. He is also Chair of the board of directors of IAG New Zealand and a board director of Fletcher Building and Vector Limited. In August 2007 he was appointed to the board of Insurance Australia Group.
- Alister Taylor (2001). New Zealand Who's Who Aotearoa 2001 Edition. Alister Taylor Publishers. p. 340. ISSN 1172-9813.
- "Hugh Fletcher - BSc, MCom(Hons)". University of Auckland. Archived from the original on 7 July 2007. Retrieved 6 September 2007.
- Easton, Paul (15 July 2015). "Notorious killer to remain behind bars". Stuff. Retrieved 30 July 2017.
- "Hugh Fletcher reappointed to Reserve Bank Board". Reserve Bank of New Zealand. 27 June 2007. Archived from the original on 27 September 2007. Retrieved 6 September 2007.
- "Vector Company Profile - Board of Directors". Vector Limited. Archived from the original on 29 April 2007. Retrieved 6 September 2007.
- "Media release: IAG board appointments" (PDF). Insurance Australia Group. 30 August 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 September 2007. Retrieved 6 September 2007.