How to Murder a Rich Uncle
How to Murder a Rich Uncle is a 1957 British comedy film directed by Nigel Patrick and starring Patrick, Wendy Hiller, Charles Coburn and Anthony Newley. It follows a man who plans to kill his wealthy Uncle George. It was based on the play Il faut tuer Julie by Didier Daix.
|How to Murder a Rich Uncle|
|Directed by||Nigel Patrick|
|Produced by||Irving Allen|
Albert R. Broccoli
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
- Nigel Patrick - Henry
- Charles Coburn - Uncle George
- Wendy Hiller - Edith Clitterburn
- Katie Johnson - Alice
- Anthony Newley - Edward
- Athene Seyler - Grannie
- Kenneth Fortescue - Albert
- Paddy Webster - Constance
- Michael Caine - Gilrony
- Trevor Reid - Inspector Harris
- Cyril Luckham - Coroner
- Johnson Bayly - Radio Officer
- Martin Boddey - Police Sergeant
- Kevin Stoney - Bar Steward
- Anthony Shaw - Colonial
- Ian Wilson - Postman
The film was known as Uncle George and The Death of Uncle George. It was written for the screen by John Paxton who had written A Prize of Gold for Warwick. Filming started 2 January 1957. It was Patrick's first film as director although he had directed for the stage.
- "HOW TO MURDER A RICH UNCLE - British Board of Film Classification". www.bbfc.co.uk.
- "How to Murder a Rich Uncle (1957)". BFI.
- Goble, Alan (8 September 2011). The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film. Walter de Gruyter. ISBN 9783110951943 – via Google Books.
- By THOMAS M PRYOR Special to The New York Times. (1956, Dec 15). ROLE IN COMEDY FOR MISS HILLER. New York Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/113620678
- Schallert, E. (1956, Dec 15). Wendy hiller career still in high; robinson picked for satan role. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/167017305
- By, S. W. (1956, Dec 30). ON THE ENGLISH PRODUCTION SCENE. New York Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/113637092