House of Baillet
Baillet or de Baillet sometime Baillet - von Latour is a former Belgian noble family. The house is divided into different branches, the most famous were the Counts of Baillet-Latour.
Baillet von Latour
|Titles||Lords of Bellefontaine|
Lords of Lintere
Lords of Rechingen
Lords of Munischbach
Lords of la Tour
Barons of Geffe
Counts of Baillet
Viscounts of Merlemont
|Cadet branches||Baillet-Latour (+)|
The title of Count of Baillet was created by imperial decree of Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor on 10 March 1719. The first Count of Baillet was Christophe-Ernest. He was the son of Maximilien-Antoine de Baillet. The family had great influence in politics and church, many members were active in the Catholic Party.
In 1980 the last male heir died without children meaning that the title became extinct.
- "Theodor Graf Baillet von Latour". Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. 2017-02-20. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "Latour, Theodor Graf Baillet von auch Baillet-Latour". www.aeiou.at. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "Trophees tant sacrés qve profanes dv dvché de Brabant, contenant l'Origine ... - Google Boeken". Books.google.es. Retrieved 2017-06-21.
- "Hôtel château de Latour historique". www.chateaudelatour.be. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "Le musée Baillet-Latour et des guerres en Gaume,Latour". Luxembourg Belge (in French). Retrieved 2018-01-05.