Hoopa (formerly, Hupa, Ho-pah, Hoo-pah, Hupo, and Up-pa) is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Humboldt County, California. It is located 10 miles (16 km) south of Weitchpec, at an elevation of 328 feet (100 m). The ZIP Code is 95546.
|Coordinates: 41°03′01″N 123°40′27″W|
|Elevation||328 ft (100 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (Pacific)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||2585654|
Hoopa is a rural town located entirely on the reservation of the Hupa. The federal designation of the area is the Hoopa Valley Indian Reservation. Hoopa is on the Trinity River. Hoopa is in the area code of 530.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
The 2000 US census recorded 3040 people in Hoopa, and the 2010 census recorded 3,393 people. These figures therefore include people living in Hoopa Valley outside the town of Hoopa. The racial makeup of the area was 14.1% White, 0.1% Black or African American, 81.7% Native American, 0.3% Asian, 0.8% from other races, and 2.9% from two or more races. 4.5% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Hoopa, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 78. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- USPS ZIP Code lookup tool Archived 2010-11-23 at WebCite
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "Senators". State of California. Retrieved April 7, 2013.
- "Members Assembly". State of California. Retrieved April 7, 2013.
- "California's 2nd Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 1, 2013.