Holton High School
Holton High School is a public high school in Holton, Kansas, United States, operated by Holton Public School (USD 336), and serves students of 9 to 12. The school's mascot is a wildcat and the school's colors are blue and white. Rod Wittmer is the school's current principal and about 304 students are enrolled in grades 9-12.
|Holton High School|
901 New York Ave
|School type||Public, High School|
|School district||Holton Public Schools|
|Grades||9 to 12|
Holton High School had its first graduating class in 1881. The current Holton High School site was originally home to Campbell College from its opening in 1880, to its merge with Lane University in 1902, until 1913, when it was relocated to Kansas City and merged with Kansas City University. Following the merge, the campus became part of the Holton School District. The college's main building which was torn down, and replaced with a newly-constructed high school.
The high school was grouped as part of the Holton Public Schools unified school district, USD 336, c. 1965.
The school was renovated in 1994 where the gymnasium was temporarily divided up into classrooms. A new recessed gymnasium was later built, with the original school gym converted to a library. Other renovations included a video lab which produced programs for their public access channel.
- "Holton High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 17, 2019.
- "Holton High School (KS) Home". MaxPreps. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "Area principals to be honored". The Holton Recorder. October 25, 2017. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "Holton High – 901 New York, Holton, Kansas 66436". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
- "Search: Holton High School". Topeka Genealogical Society Library. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
KS 910.2 Hol – Holton High School Alumni 1881-1971 – Holton High School
- Federal Writers' Project (October 31, 2013). The WPA Guide to Kansas: The Sunflower State. Trinity University Press. pp. 369–. ISBN 978-1-59534-214-0.
- Batesel, Paul. "Campbell College – Holton, Kansas – 1880-1913". America's Lost Colleges. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
- "Holton Public Schools Usd 336". Manta Media. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
- Sanders, Brian (September 15, 2016). "Former Holton principal helped move district forward". The Holton Recorder. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- Powls, David (May 18, 2015). "Holton High School graduates 80 seniors". The Holton Recorder. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- Joint Committee on Printing (May 2, 2014). Official Congressional Directory: 113th Congress. Government Printing Office. pp. 105–. ISBN 978-0-16-091922-0.
- Sanders, Brian (August 15, 2016). "HHS alum Pat Roberts returns to talk agriculture, other topics". The Holton Recorder. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- Sanders, Brian (May 9, 2016). "Holton native Jenkins to seek fifth Congressional term". Holton Recorder. Retrieved March 23, 2018.