Holstebro Municipality is a municipality (Danish, kommune) in Region Midtjylland on the Jutland peninsula in west Denmark. The municipality covers an area of 801.55 km2 (309.48 sq mi), and has a population of 57,411 (1 April 2014). Its mayor is H. C. Østerby, a member of the Social Democratic party.
|Coordinates: 56°22′N 8°37′E|
|• Mayor||H. C. Østerby (S)|
(1 April 2014)
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The main town and the site of its municipal council is the town of Holstebro.
On January 1, 2007 Holstebro municipality was, due to Kommunalreformen ("The Municipal Reform" of 2007), merged with existing Ulfborg-Vemb and Vinderup municipalities to form the new Holstebro municipality.
The town of Holstebro
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Holstebro Municipality.|
- The new Holstebro municipality's official website (in Danish)
- Holstebro tourist bureau
- Peter Schaufuss Ballet(Danish only)
- Odin Teatret - performance art theater (limited English language)
- Holstebro Art Museum
- Holstebro Museum
- Holstebro Boldklub (Danish only)
- Baggaardsbryggeriet Holstebro - Local brewery with proud traditions