Hollies' Greatest is the only number one album in the UK by British band the Hollies. It was released shortly before Graham Nash's departure from the Hollies and was intended to include all of their British hit singles with Nash, as well as filling in for the lack of an original LP by the group in 1968. Only 3 of the 14 songs on the album – "Stay", "I Can't Let Go" and "Stop! Stop! Stop!" had previously been released on U.K. albums.
|Greatest hits album by|
|The Hollies chronology|
The version of "Yes I Will" that appears on the stereo version of this album is not the 1965 hit single version, but an earlier and previously unreleased recording from 1964 – the result of an administrative error at EMI which was not noticed until after the album had been released. It features a completely different guitar break by Tony Hicks, and a different introduction.
All songs by Clarke-Hicks-Nash, unless otherwise noted.
- "I Can't Let Go" § (Chip Taylor, Al Gorgoni)
- "Bus Stop" (Graham Gouldman)
- "We're Through" § (Ransford AKA Clarke-Hicks-Nash)
- "Carrie Anne"
- "Here I Go Again" § (Mort Shuman, Clive Westlake)
- "King Midas In Reverse"
- "Yes I Will" § (Gerry Goffin, Russ Titelman)
- Virgin Book of Hit Albums
- The Complete Book of British Charts, Neil Warwick, Jon Kutner and Tony Brown