Holland & Sherry
Holland & Sherry is a fabric mill founded in London in 1836 by Stephen George Holland and Frederick Sherry. Stephen George Holland and Frederick Sherry began the business as woolen merchants at 10 Old Bond Street, London, specializing in both woolen and silk cloths. In 1886 Holland & Sherry moved premises to Golden Square, at the time the epicenter of the woolen merchanting trade. By 1900 the firm was exporting to many countries, it was around that time a sales office was established in New York. In the early part of the 20th century, the United Kingdom, Europe, North and South America were the dominant markets for the company. Amongst other distribution arrangements, there was a Holland & Sherry warehouse in St. Petersburg, Russia – a successful market prior to the revolution and now being successfully renewed. By 1982 the business moved to Savile Row. Its head office is still on Savile Row. Holland & Sherry provide fabrics to tailors and couture designers throughout the world. It is owned by Individualized Apparel Group as of March 2003.