Hilde Heynen (born May 26, 1959 in Deurne) is professor of architectural theory at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. She researches modernism, modernity, and gender in architecture. Heynen is the author of several books and publishes regularly in architectural journals such as the Harvard Design Magazine and The Journal of Architecture, of which she is a member of the editorial board. She is also a board member of the European Association of Architectural Education (EAAE) and the Society of Architectural Historians (SAH).
Heynen is a member of the Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts since 2009.
- Architecture and Modernity. A Critique. MIT Press, 1999
- Dat is architectuur. Sleutelteksten uit de 20ste eeuw (co-editor). 010 Publishers, 2001
- Back from Utopia. The Challenge of the Modern Movement. 010 Publishers, 2002
- Inside Density. La Lettre Volée, 2003
- Negotiating Domesticity. Routledge, 2005
- "Hilde Heynen - Harvard Graduate School of Design". www.gsd.harvard.edu. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Hilde Heynen". KVAB. Retrieved 2017-03-03.