The Highbury Studios were a British film studio located in Highbury, North London which operated from 1937 until 1956. The studios were constructed by the producer Maurice J. Wilson. During its early years the studio was hired out to independent production companies. Following the Second World War, Highbury was acquired by the Rank Organisation which used it to make low-budget second features featuring the company's rising actors. The studio was run by the producer John Croydon, who had previously worked at Ealing. In 1949 the studio operation was shut down as part of a series of cuts made throughout the Rank Organisation, which had suffered heavy financial losses. Occasional films were still made there by other companies, and it became increasingly used as a television studio.
- Macnab p.144
- Macnab p.161
- Warren p.93
- Macnab, Geoffrey. J. Arthur Rank and the British Film Industry. Routledge, 1994.
- Warren, Patricia. British Film Studios: An Illustrated History. Batsford, 2001.