Hide-Out (1930 film)
Hide-Out is a 1930 American pre-Code drama film directed by Reginald Barker and written by Lambert Hillyer, Arthur Ripley and Matt Taylor. The film stars James Murray, Kathryn Crawford, Carl Stockdale, Lee Moran, Guy Edward Hearn and Robert Elliott. The film was released by Universal Pictures in April 1930.
|Directed by||Reginald Barker|
|Produced by||Carl Laemmle|
|Screenplay by||Lambert Hillyer|
|Story by||Lambert Hillyer|
Guy Edward Hearn
|Music by||Heinz Roemheld|
|Edited by||Harry Marker|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
A bootlegger in trouble with the law hides out on a college campus. He disguises himself as a student, but soon becomes the school's star athlete and most popular man on campus.
- James Murray as Jimmy Dorgan
- Kathryn Crawford as Dorothy Evans
- Carl Stockdale as Dorgan
- Lee Moran as Joe Hennessey
- Guy Edward Hearn as Coach Latham
- Robert Elliott as William Burke
- Jack Hanlon as Jerry
- George Hackathorne as Atlas
- Sarah Padden as Mrs. Dorgan
- Jane Keckley as Mrs. Evans
- Richard Carlyle as Dean
- "Hide-Out". Afi.com. Retrieved 2015-12-26.
- "Hide-Out (1930) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-12-26.
- "Movie Review - - "HIDE OUT" HAS SILLY PLOT; Presents Gangster Who Becomes College Campus Hero". NYTimes.com. 1930-04-12. Retrieved 2015-12-26.