Hickory Hollow Natural Area Preserve
Hickory Hollow Natural Area Preserve is a 254-acre (1.03 km2) Natural Area Preserve located in Lancaster County, Virginia. The preserve's mixed pine-hardwood forests, ravines, and swampland form a habitat for various songbirds, wild turkeys, and a rare species of plant. The swamp is an example of a globally rare natural community known as a "coastal plain basic seepage swamp", and supports a high level of biological diversity.
|Hickory Hollow Natural Area Preserve|
Location within Virginia
|Location||Lancaster County, Virginia|
|Area||254 acres (1.03 km2)|
|Established||July 12, 2000|
|Owner||Northern Neck Audubon Society|
- "Hickory Hollow". ProtectedPlanet. United Nations Environment Programme's World Conservation Monitoring Centre. Retrieved December 20, 2016.
- "Hickory Hollow Natural Area Preserve". Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation. Retrieved December 20, 2016.
- "History". Northern Neck Audubon Society. Retrieved December 20, 2016.
- Northern Neck Audubon Society
- Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation: Hickory Hollow Natural Area Preserve