Heterogeneity is a diverseness of constituent structure.
|Look up heterogeneity or heterogeneous in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Heterogeneity or heterogeneous may also refer to:
Biology and medicine
- Heterogeneous conditions in medicine are those conditions which have several causes/etiologies
- A heterogeneous taxon, a taxon that contains a great variety of individuals or sub-taxa; usually this implies that the taxon is an artificial grouping
- Genetic heterogeneity, multiple origins causing the same disorder in different individuals.
- Allelic heterogeneity, different mutations at the same locus causing the same disorder.
- Heterogeneity in landscape ecology, the measure of how different parts of a landscape are from one another.