Herald and News
The Herald and News is a daily newspaper serving the city of Klamath Falls and Klamath County in the U.S. state of Oregon. It also distributes east into Lake County. The General Manager and Editor is Gerry O'Brien. The Herald and News is a 15,000-circulation daily with a staff of 27. The morning paper is published five days a week, skipping Mondays and Saturdays.
Herald and News sections
|Owner(s)||Adams Publishing Group|
|Founded||June 1, 1942|
|Headquarters||Herald and News|
2701 Foothills Blvd.
Klamath Falls, Oregon 97603
The Evening Herald was founded in 1906 by Fred Cronemiller and his family, who later moved to Lakeview, Oregon. Wesley O. Smith and E. J. Murray purchased the paper in 1908, and expanded its size. By one account, Murray sold the paper to F. R. Soule in 1922; by another, after having bought Smith's share, he sold it to Bruce Dennis, who had an extensive history as a newspaper owner in the state, in 1926. The Klamath News launched in 1923. In 1927, Dennis purchased the News. He then sold both papers to Frank Jenkins, Ernest Gilstrap, and Eugene Kelty (all formerly of the Eugene Register; they formed an association known as the Southern Oregon Publishing Company) in 1932. Kelty soon withdrew.
The two papers were merged to form the Herald and News as a result of wartime newsprint rationing; the first issue of the combined publication was published June 1, 1942. The paper is now only five days a week, skipping Mondays and Saturdays.
- Herald and News
- "Contact Us". Herald and News. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- "About Us". Herald and News. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- Turnbull, George S. (1939). History of Oregon Newspapers. Binfords & Mort..
- American Printer and Lithographer, Volume 74, Moore Publishing Company, 1922, p. 71.
- Raftery, Isolde. "The Evening Herald". Historic Oregon Newspapers. Archived from the original on September 6, 2015.
- University of Oregon Knight Library catalog
- Hammer, Barb. "Pioneer News Group selling media division to Adams Publishing Group". Archived from the original on January 5, 2018. Retrieved 2018-02-19.
- "Adams Publishing Group buys regional papers". Post Register. October 5, 2017.